Ponification: Electric (02/03/2013)

Started by Tomato, November 05, 2011, 07:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deano_ue

Kommando

Tomato

Jumping the gun by a few hours, but I get the feeling if I wait until tomorrow afternoon one of these ponies is going to stab me in my sleep.

And, in keeping with tradition... a preview of Thursday's pony.

Oh, and for those who haven't already been over there, you might want to take a gander at HQ's avatar being worked on over on the skin boards as well.

juancho

ohhh Big Daddy quake is looking GOOOOOOOD
Nice work on Leon, the waffles are a nice touch.

PreRaphaelite

Ha! Well, after all the jibes, I think Leon came out great.
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Outcast

Quote from: Tomato on February 11, 2012, 06:50:23 PMPssst... Outcast... stay out of it. He's being ignorant on purpose.

Hmmm...no idea who that next pony could be....seems awfully familiar though...but can't seem to remember where i've seen that design before... :ph34r:  :doh:

House Quake is looking great. And i finally got to see who this Leon is. :P

@PreRaphaelite: Don't think that i didn't catch what you wrote sir. ;) I was trying to figure out what you meant by it. Well,if you need to know, I did wash my hands though...but it was before i captured them. :wacko: You and your wild imaginations. :P

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: Outcast on February 14, 2012, 03:19:44 PM
@PreRaphaelite: Don't think that i didn't catch what you wrote sir. ;) I was trying to figure out what you meant by it. Well,if you need to know, I did wash my hands though...but it was before i captured them. :wacko: You and your wild imaginations. :P

I have no idea what you're talking about. None - not a bit!  ;)

Now, enough of these diversions, and back to the ponies!
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Reepicheep

Kommando

naitvalis

i love all this ponys they are all cute, like the micros of juancho,they are original and very well done.

Outcast

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Outcast on February 15, 2012, 01:40:20 PM
Quote from: Reepicheep on February 14, 2012, 03:49:47 PM
That preview pony for Thursday is clearly Leon.

Right....now you say it's Leon... :rolleyes:

What?!?!  it's not Leon?!?!  Oh is it Loen maybe?
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

MJB

Tomato

Quote from: MJB on February 15, 2012, 11:40:53 PM
Leon!!

Now you need to ponify the good Doctor. :P

K. I'll ponify the Doctor for you.

Edit: Finished.

Actual Edit: For those WHO don't get it... I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

Kommando

Tomato

Quote from: Kommando on February 16, 2012, 02:54:50 AM
He needs a fez. He wears a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

Wrong Doctor

Now then, Thursday pony (no preview yet, I'll post them as I have stuff to post... don't even have a for-sure idea who to do)

And just because I liked how mine turned out... a few collaboration avatars with Juancho's awesome Micros.

Kommando

Quote from: Tomato on February 16, 2012, 04:02:02 AM
Quote from: Kommando on February 16, 2012, 02:54:50 AM
He needs a fez. He wears a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

Wrong Doctor

Awesome! Now we just need a Rory.

QuoteAnd just because I liked how mine turned out... a few collaboration avatars with Juancho's awesome Micros.

Now I have to decide between using this or staying with Azu-nyan... Harsh...

Outcast

Sweet pony Tomato. Thanks. He looks like he means business and ready to kick some good ponies butt. :P

I was thinking how i could combine your pony and Juancho's micro for my av. Now you have saved me that trouble. Thanks again. :cool:

Quote from: Kommando on February 16, 2012, 04:26:25 AM
Now I have to decide between using this or staying with Azu-nyan... Harsh...

Truly a difficult choice. ;)

Tomato

I'll put it this way K... "If it exists, someone's turned it into a pony. Probably twice."

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Tomato on February 16, 2012, 12:18:30 AM
Quote from: MJB on February 15, 2012, 11:40:53 PM
Leon!!

Now you need to ponify the good Doctor. :P

K. I'll ponify the Doctor for you.

Edit: Finished.

What the hell!?!?  Obviously someone doesn't know what the hell they're doing.  That is *totally* the wrong cutie mark (the fact that I know that terminology makes me want to stab you in the face, 'mato).  This is what it should look like.  Philistines.

Quote from: Tomato on February 16, 2012, 04:30:20 PM
I'll put it this way K... "If it exists, someone's turned it into a pony. Probably twice."

And that would be rule number.....?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on February 16, 2012, 05:30:45 PM

What the hell!?!?  Obviously someone doesn't know what the hell they're doing.  That is *totally* the wrong cutie mark (the fact that I know that terminology makes me want to stab you in the face, 'mato).  This is what it should look like.  Philistines.

Not to contradict you, but you're wrong.

And that would be rule number.....?

Tis a brony rule. I don't think we have a set order yet... we're not as old a society as the internet. It is pretty much a rule though... just click my sig if you don't believe me.

Edit: Actually, I'm wrong. According to 3 wildly different lists of brony rules, it's Brony rule 34. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that, however.

The Hitman

Quote from: Tomato on February 16, 2012, 09:30:20 PM

What? WHAAATTT?!?! How did I not know about this?!

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Tomato on February 16, 2012, 09:30:20 PM

Gah!  I feel poisoned for just looking through that page!  But the mark choice makes a little more sense, now.  I just chalk it up to licensing issues, and they had to go with something other than an established symbol to keep it in the homage/parody category, and not have to pay.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

Not really... more like they put together a random background pony with a random hourglass cutie mark, that Doc Who fans turned around and decided looked like Tennant (Ironically after Tennant had already left the show). It's actually a bizarre case of fans identifying a pony as a character from another show, except where it's obvious the writers were making an outside reference.

It's actually more common for fans to take a background pony, give it a personality based on some weird or unique trait they have ("Derpy" had an animation error in the first episode where her eyes derped so she's typically portrayed as somewhat clumsy, "Lyra" is a pony famous for one scene where she sits in a human-like way so she's portrayed as wanting to be human, etc.)

UnfluffyBunny

while immensly disturbed by this whole thing, I have to say these are really well done, twas an entertaining thread to read through

Tomato

Hmmm... I think now that it's too late for most of the active board members anyway, I want to make an admission... when it comes to who to turn into ponies, my priority has always been to do those members who have posted in this thread. True, I've also done a fair number of non-posters (mostly due to artistic discretion of one kind or another), but my feeling is that those who have at least posted here would generally be more open to the idea of a pony avatar. Beyond that to, it's you guys who kept me going with this... if this hadn't caught on the way it did, I wouldn't have bothered.

So yeah, for those who might have wondered why I went out of my way to do guys like Outcast, Cyber Burn, and PreR when I have so far seemingly glossed over members such as Court, Cas, Ren, etc, it's only because I feel very strongly that I should give back to those who've kept me going.

What does that means from a practical standpoint? Well, in this case it means Syn's probably going to be a pony by Tuesday.

Reepicheep

Thats the only reason I posted in this thread in the first place.

Kommando

Definitely the quality of work is what's kept me interest even though I'm not a ponyboy.

MJB

Komm is right the quality of these things is why I keep checking in on this thread. Real good stuff, 'Mato!