Ponification: Electric (02/03/2013)

Started by Tomato, November 05, 2011, 07:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

So, I have been doing this ponifying thing for awhile now, and I've gotten relatively good at it... but looking back, I'm really not thrilled with how my av pony looks anymore. After a suggestion (read:excuse) from Juancho, I decided to revamp it from scratch. Say Hello to Tomato pony 2.0

juancho

Awsome. I love to see the redesign I did ponified, ehhe, great job mato!!

Tomato

Picked up a bit of a nasty cold, haven't had the drive to do much of anything... but even so, managed to pound this out 4 u.

*is curious how many will guess who it is without cheating*

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Outcast

murs47

Outcast

juancho

I guessed it was vertex before i read all the other posts, I swear :P

I've been going through the other avatar thread you did a while ago (the animated style avatars) and there was one for vertex there as well

Great Job mato!

Tomato

Yeah, Vertex's av is a toughie to guess... most people associate him with his old B69 look, but his avatar as "Vertex" is a simple faceless red hero... kind of like a red version of Amazo from the JL/JLU show. I've asked him about it, and apparently he just thinks it too simple a design to ask someone to skin it for him... I keep meaning to do it anyway, but I always have 20,000 skins on my to do list. Even so, I like to make a nod to it every so often.

Tomato Tuesday as promised. laterzez

XStream

Whoa! Thanks Tomato, guess I have joined the herd. Looks good.

Quote from: Tomato on January 27, 2012, 04:00:58 AM
Also, I am officially declaring "X" as a logo/costume-element boring and overused. Move on to V, Q, or Z. But not "A," that's VV's and Cap's.

I blame Stan Lee and all of those mutants that he inspired. XStream's name was two-fold. I was in love with the X-Men books at the time, and it was playing homage to the Energy X that gave him his powers in his origin story. XStream's always been a bit of a fanboy.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

juancho

ohhhh starry starfield looks niiiice :p

I love how Carr turned out Tomato. Cheers!!

ow_tiobe_sb

Could you do us all a favour, 'Mato?  Could you please change the increasingly irrelevant thread title to something currently relevant?  "Rubber and Ice" is WAAAAAYYY too evocative of some rural college fraternity's outdoor hazing event gone terribly awry...

...and, yes, I'm gonna be that guy who hounds you about thread titles until you bloody well start barking the way I do. :P

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker

P.S. Ahh!  That's much better:
Quote from: TomatoPonification: Haters gonna hate, Beaches gonna beach (01/31/2012)
Two words: Moog.

Kommando

Quote from: XStream on February 01, 2012, 02:10:10 AM
Whoa! Thanks Tomato, guess I have joined the herd. Looks good.

Quote from: Tomato on January 27, 2012, 04:00:58 AM
Also, I am officially declaring "X" as a logo/costume-element boring and overused. Move on to V, Q, or Z. But not "A," that's VV's and Cap's.

I blame Stan Lee and all of those mutants that he inspired. XStream's name was two-fold. I was in love with the X-Men books at the time, and it was playing homage to the Energy X that gave him his powers in his origin story. XStream's always been a bit of a fanboy.

The letter K is freaking awesome!

Tomato

Perhaps I should explain a bit on the X thing... See, I've been using symbols as the cutie marks for all the ponies, and unfortunately by the time I'd gotten around to XStream I'd done a couple different X-logos (Darek's chest tatoo from the Influx stuff, and it seems like there was another I don't remember... ) on various other forms of art... not to mention the plethora of different X logos on other heroes (*cough* X-men *cough*)... there's only so many ways you can manipulate a simple letter/shape like that to make it not look boring and dull.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on February 02, 2012, 12:57:57 AM
Perhaps I should explain a bit on the X thing... See, I've been using symbols as the cutie marks for all the ponies, and unfortunately by the time I'd gotten around to XStream I'd done a couple different X-logos (Darek's chest tatoo from the Influx stuff, and it seems like there was another I don't remember... ) on various other forms of art... not to mention the plethora of different X logos on other heroes (*cough* X-men *cough*)... there's only so many ways you can manipulate a simple letter/shape like that to make it not look boring and dull.

I still say you're a sick man, what with your pony obssession...just sick!  :P
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tomato

-Bet I had you guys going, thinking I was really going to let MJB do Tomato Thursday without ponies. NOPE!

Mike gets ponied because, for once, he got something right.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Tomato on February 03, 2012, 03:31:44 AM
Mike gets ponied

'bout g****** time!   :angry:

What are the chances that we'll see a King Be pony in the near future?   :kingbe: :kingbethumbup
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Ephemeris

Mike will love this pony.  He virtually tears up when he hears a song about horses while we're teaming in CoH.  Wildfire by Michael Martin Murphey is the song the elicits the greatest response.   :P

MikeB7

omygawdomygawdomygawdomygawd!!!

:blink:

OMYGAWDOMYGAWDOMYGAWDOMYGAWD!!!

POOOONY!!!

*deep breath*

*counts to ten*

He looks great, Tomato!  Thanks!  :D

It became a running joke while playing COH, but.....but....

IT'S SO SAD!  SHE CAN"T FIND HER HORSIE!  WIIIIIILDFIIIIIRE!!!!!  WIIIIILDFIIIIRE!!!

And then there was that time where BOTH the Rolling Stones and Sundays' versions of Wild Horses played BACK TO BACK.  I mean, what are the odds?  DOUBLE HORSIES!  WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!?!?!

Again seriously, thanks Tomato.  I love being part of this stuff - hell, there's a whole FXForce section devoted to how trendy we were.  If I could remember how I did the site, I'd throw it up there too - but it was done by hand in Microsoft Word, lol.  Like 18 years ago.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Eph and Mike were talking about this in game tonight.  It's pretty nice actually.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Reepicheep

For Tomato's sanity, I've cut down Mike's post to the complimentary part, and omitted the mutterings and shoutings of a lunatic.

Hope this helps.

Quote from: MikeB7 on February 04, 2012, 03:41:17 AM

He looks great, Tomato!  Thanks!  :D

Again seriously, thanks Tomato.  I love being part of this stuff.

Tomato

Quote from: Reepicheep on February 04, 2012, 12:54:50 PM
For Tomato's sanity, I've cut down Mike's post to the complimentary part, and omitted the mutterings and shoutings of a lunatic.

You mean... exactly how my post in Juancho's thread was?

So, since there will not be new ponies until tuesday... well, let's just say I'm currently starting work on quite possibly my most crazy looking pony yet (yes, even more then Prer). Those of you who figured out what many of my more recent ponies had in common might be able to figure it out, but don't spoil it for anypony else.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Reepicheep on February 04, 2012, 12:54:50 PM

But then how could you tell who wrote it?
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

juancho

Today is Pony Tuesday

I DEMAND NEW PONIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES (evil laugh......crazy sinister evil laugh)

How are you planninf on taking over the world if ponifying takes sooooooooo long??

... just kidding, but I'm excited to see what you have in store for us today

Tomato

Chillax my bronies: Today's pony has been done since Saturday, and it's almost worth the wait, I put a lot of effort into it. I just can't post it until after work.

As for it taking a long time.... it really doesn't. I'll probably have thurdays ready an hour or so after I post today's.The only reason, truthfully, that I'm limiting myself to 2 ponies a week is because time I spend making ponies is time I could be making skins and meshes for FF, and I'm currently trying to get a few last minute projects pounded out in preparation for something.

ow_tiobe_sb

What I really want to know is when we can expect you to ponify Leon.

I'm waiting...

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

Tomato

Ummmm..... Leon?  :huh:

Reepicheep

Kommando

I even did a skin for him once using a hex of Beyonder's horse. And Spud made me a waffle NIF so I could gif him a waffle attack. Leon was epic. Actually made a decent sidekick to Batman.

Tomato

Ummmm... obsly I missed something somewhere along the way here... for now, here's Ephemeris