Ponification: Electric (02/03/2013)

Started by Tomato, November 05, 2011, 07:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

I think that if a pony is capable of firing canons, using a lasso, and putting on clothes without fingers, using a sword wouldn't be too hard. Guns... y'know, I gave murs guns, but it would require a restructuring of the basic design for ponies to be able to use them sans magic.

But then, I figure if Pinkie Pie can break reality, murs can too. He is a deadpool clone afterall.

Also: Pony Bearded.

Edit: Woo, page 5! By latest count, that leaves 1 avatar for each page!

Tomato

Night Dragon's done.

Comes with both Realistic and Exaggerated wingspans.

Tomato

So, pretty much as a direct result of having 6 cans of mountain dew in my system (I'm getting to the point I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing sounds soon. That'd be awesome!) I've gotten this crazy notion in my head... I'll probably drop it by tomorrow, but for now I'm gonna talk about it because I can, and because I'm bored enough that this is the discussion I wish to have.

Ok, so... one of the main plot points in FiM is that the Mane 6 personify each of the 6 Elements of Harmony, the show's equivalent of a Deus Ex Machina (for serious. They turned Q... I mean, Discord, into stone using those things.) And well... I got it in my head that we should assign our own Elements of Harmony here. In a way, it's about who represents the best qualities to have in a friend, rather than who can do the best artwork.

If this goes forward (it's mostly up to you... no telling how I'll feel after dew crash) I'll go into each of the 6 elements in detail for those who haven't watched the show, and we'll get a list of people going for each... and then probably tackle each element in turn. But for now, the 6 elements are:

Honesty
Loyalty
Generosity
Kindness
Laughter
and the most elusive... Magic

Alaric

These are great! I was going to do a brief list of my favorites, but I really like all of them.

For some reason, the way MJB's beard came out makes me really want to see a GDaybloke poney...

Should we be worried that this is actually the second time in ten years this community has been ponified? Does that somehow say something about us as a community? Must some great champion arise amongst us to oppose this ponification? Or do I just like to make random overly-dramatic statements?
Fear the "A"!!!

Tomato

Quote from: Alaric on January 23, 2012, 02:56:10 PM
Must some great champion arise amongst us to oppose this ponification?

Pfft, ponies are awesome. Who would oppose awesome?

XStream

Quote from: Tomato on January 23, 2012, 04:15:07 AM

There must be a problem with one of your images... I see the two exaggerated wingspans, but the realistic one isn't there.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

MJB

Quote from: XStream on January 24, 2012, 12:39:18 AM

There must be a problem with one of your images... I see the two exaggerated wingspans, but the realistic one isn't there.

*bud-ump-bum* *ching!*

He'll be here all week, tip your waitress!

Alaric

Quote from: Tomato on January 24, 2012, 12:23:12 AM
Quote from: Alaric on January 23, 2012, 02:56:10 PM
Must some great champion arise amongst us to oppose this ponification?

Pfft, ponies are awesome. Who would oppose awesome?

That... is Awesome.
Fear the "A"!!!

docdelorean88

I don't know how to handle all of the bronies... BRONIE OVERLOAD. An incredible epic bronie overload!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Outcast

Quote from: Tomato on January 23, 2012, 04:56:59 AM
In a way, it's about who represents the best qualities to have in a friend.... the 6 elements are:
Honesty
Loyalty
Generosity
Kindness
Laughter

Honesty is the most important one for me....what's the use of all the other elements if they are all untrue ...(just speaking from a recent personal experience..)

Tomato

Quote from: docdelorean88 on January 24, 2012, 08:13:20 AM
I don't know how to handle all of the bronies... BRONIE OVERLOAD. An incredible epic bronie overload!

Actually... as much as I'd like to say thateveryone in here has been won over to the pony side, I think I'm the only real "bronie" here.

Tomato

The Hitman

laughing paradox

I might be bias, but I think Saturn Pony may be your best work to date.

juancho

WOW! seriously
The last 2 ponies are beyond impressive. I love that you took C6 design of the Vowel and worked it into a perfect ponie.

Saturn king is just plain mean looking, which is kind of disturbing considering he is a ponie :D

Tomato

-Vamp gets to be today's new pony. Welcome him to the herd.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: XStream on January 24, 2012, 12:39:18 AM

My thoughts exactly....you just expressed it before I got the chance.

Quote from: Tomato on January 23, 2012, 04:56:59 AM
If this goes forward (it's mostly up to you... no telling how I'll feel after dew crash) I'll go into each of the 6 elements in detail for those who haven't watched the show, and we'll get a list of people going for each... and then probably tackle each element in turn. But for now, the 6 elements are:

Honesty
Loyalty
Generosity
Kindness
Laughter

If I had to submit to such categorization, I'd probably lean more towards Loyalty.

I also think that Saturn Pony looks pretty damn good.  I'm not sure if I was attempting to goad you into making a goopy pony or not, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by the outcome of that one.  I was kind of hoping that I would be left out of this particular craze, but I will admit that it's a good job on it.  I do like that the ears are down, signifying my displeasure.  I'll go along with this for now, but I'll face away from the rest of the crowd, as a further sign of my dissent.  but, really, the posting of mine becomes the post of derp-ness?  Were you channeling Murs that day?
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Tomato

None of you are safe. None.

As for the derpy thing, it had more to do with your pony being finished on the day this aired. I know none of you unenlightened understand, but that episode was a big deal for us Bronies. To give you an idea, it'd be like if Benton found out that not only was there going to be a high-budget live-action Aquaman movie coming out within the next year, it was going to be written by Paul Dini (of DCUA lore).

Full info (for those curious) about Derpy can be found here

Figure Fan

Vamp looks really cool. I've always liked his avatar.

As for Panther_Gunn facing away, I think it makes more sense to be facing inward rather than outward, but that's just me. :P

vamp

Well aren't I a pretty pony? Thanks tom.

Saturn King is easily the scariest of all the ponies.

UnkoMan

Ha ha ha! These are still going? So awesome.

Tomato

I ALMOST didn't finish a pony today. But I persevered, in the name of Derpy!

Also, I am officially declaring "X" as a logo/costume-element boring and overused. Move on to V, Q, or Z. But not "A," that's VV's and Cap's.

PreRaphaelite

Looking good! I bet X-Stream will be quite happy with that. The armour plating on only one leg is a nice touch.
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on January 27, 2012, 09:03:51 AM
Looking good! I bet X-Stream will be quite happy with that. The armour plating on only one leg is a nice touch.

It's not just one leg, it's just that it's meant to be on the interior side of the limb, and that's the one we can see that side of.  Check his avatar here:  http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=55191.0

Quote from: Tomato on January 27, 2012, 04:00:58 AM
Also, I am officially declaring "X" as a logo/costume-element boring and overused. Move on to V, Q, or Z. But not "A," that's VV's and Cap's.

So, Amazo can't use his old costume any more?  *waits to see how long it takes BG to protest about Mr. Curry*

Tomato

Aquaman's logo isn't an "A" it's an atlantean "cha". N00b.

Panther_Gunn

So we should call him Chaquaman now???  Sounds kinda Stargate-ish (which fits more than one would think).

Tomato

As I recall, the Aquaman tag was something like "well, it looks like an A, so you're now Aquaman"

Tomato

-This is Docdeloreon88's avatar, Poltergeist. That's almost all of you so far... except for Outcast, who needs to hurry his plot up.

juancho

docdelorean88

Quote from: Tomato on January 28, 2012, 01:07:08 AM

-This is Docdelorean88's avatar, Poltergeist. That's almost all of you so far... except for Outcast, who needs to hurry his plot up.
WOW! Ponygeist! This is absolutely incredible! Thank you very much! ... I never thought id say it...but i may just be a converted brony... Thank you sir...thank you indeed!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"