News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Started by Midnite, October 06, 2011, 08:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

GameInformer.com

QuoteIn 2010, High Moon Studios released War For Cybertron, finally giving Transformers fans a game worth getting excited about. Afterwards, the developer settled back and listened to what the fans wanted, going back to the drawing board to craft a new and improved follow-up.

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron continues the story of the Autobots and the Decepticons and their bitter civil war, but changes and improves upon so many of the fundamental ideas that the developer considers the game a natural successor rather than a true sequel. We have over 12 pages of exclusive details on High Moon's new project, including extensive story and gameplay explanations, concept art, and dozens of screenshots. Whether you love the Transformers, or you just love hearing about the next great story-driven action game, Fall of Cybertron should be on your radar.

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Cardmaster

GRIMLOCK!!!

I'm excited for this. Really enjoyed the first game; if this new includes more customization and a more fluid combat system I'll be happy. :)

:cardmaster
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

MJB

Can't freaking wait. Loved the first game.

BentonGrey

Wait wait wait.....is that Grimlock and Metroplex?  So awesome!  I loved the first game too, but I hope they have the good sense to make this split-screen multiplayer.  I can't wait for this!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Courtnall6

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

JeyNyce

I wonder if they are going to have the main 3 Dinobots, or just Grimlock?

BentonGrey

Awesome!  This has got me pretty excited!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Courtnall6

Cool video. A little too much like the Gears of War 3 trailers tho...
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

JeyNyce

Quote from: Courtnall6 on December 12, 2011, 08:15:17 AM
Cool video. A little too much like the Gears of War 3 trailers tho...

I thought it was better than Gears of War.  I love the ending!

BentonGrey

Man, I want to see some gameplay with Grimlock, and preferably with the other Dinobots as well.  Man...I would gladly give a kidney to be able to play as Swoop.  I LOVED Swoop when I was a kid, and I've still got a huge soft spot for him.

Ah-ha!  Perhaps, just perhaps, there is hope:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKz_jvwvfjw
So, there is concept art for them, and obviously Grimlock is in the game.  I really hope the other Dinobots make it in as playable characters.
God Bless

BentonGrey

Awesome!  It looks like Jazz is in those shots, as well as Shockwave.  It also looks like the general color palette for the game is brighter than the previous one, which is a good thing.
God Bless

Midnite

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron for PS3 - E3 2012 Trailer

asklfhlsadjf;lkasjf;sadjf;lasjfas;jfasfj asljasdfljas;fj asdf  :blink:

SO EPIC!

XStream

Ok, so I haven't played many video games in the last eight years or so. Honestly, I am already a generation behing on consoles. But I did have to buy a new PC this past year, and when I heard that Fall of Cybertron was going to be released on the PC I got pretty excited!

Then I realized that War for Cybertron had been a PC game. Bought it last week, and have played it every chance I get (which is not a lot of time...summer semester and all). I have completed the Decepticon campaign and have started the Autobot campaign. I tried out multiplayer for the first time this weekend, and I believe I have a new hobby. (Fresh Noob though, I am getting toasted every game).

I am going by XStream (how about that?) If you are playing WfC add me and hit me up for a game. This week is crazy because of my wife's work and my school schedule, but I hope to put in some Team Deathmatch time this weekend.

Can't wait to get Fall of Cybertron in August. It is looking like a fun game.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

Silver Shocker

I'm really looking forward to this game. It looks like it's going to be an improvement on its predecessor, especially with all the variety they're adding (Cliffjumper is going to have stealth takedown gameplay ala Arkham City, Jazz is a sniper and uses a grappling hook to get onto platforms). I also hope that it has split-screen multiplayer; I was disappointed  the first one didn't have it. There's a good chance I'll get this when it comes out instead of waiting for it to go down in price.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

JeyNyce

gengoro

Any info on offline modes? That was my only negative with the last game and hell, a lot of games this generation. This story mode looks great but I can only replay it so many times. My connection sucks here (Kuwait).

XStream

I know they have stated that the story mode is longer.

I have really enjoyed replaying through the story of WFC. I have played as each bot. It does add a little bit of fun. And trying to find the accomplishments that I missed the first time around.

Hope to play online soon if anyone wants to play, XStream.

JeyNyce

XStream

I am new to the whole PC Gaming commuity. (Freedom Force is the only other PC game I have played through). It worries me how my PC will react to the game. I cover all of the specs for WFC, but it still locks up and kicks me out sometimes. I am nervous about spending $59 for a game that may not play on my PC.

But man, I want this game!

JeyNyce

Has anybody picked up the game yet?  It's getting great reviews and some are even saying it's the Arkham City of Transformers.  I'll be playing later on tonight.

Silver Shocker

I pre-ordered it, and it's already shipped so it should arriving at my door in a day or two. I played the demo a while back and I was pretty impressed. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

XStream

Oh, man do I want this game!

Until December I am afraid it would be a waste of cash and only tempt me to stay up until the wee hours of the morning....

Silver Shocker

I got it, played it, beat it!  :thumbup:

Haven't tried multiplayer, so can't comment on it.  As for the campaign, it's a huge improvement over the previous one. If you loved WfC, and lack of co-op isn't a deal-breaker for you, you'll love this even more.

Things I liked:

-More involved plot and better use of characters in general

-More gameplay variety. I'm almost not comfortable calling this one a shooter, because you do other things than just shoot at enemies.

-Lots of scripted sequences and button prompts that make the experience more cinematic and, dare I say, epic.

-The dash ability from the first game is now used by every character, and doubles as a evasive roll to the side. It's great, and after playing this game, you won't know how you got by without it. Special abilities in general play a MUCH bigger role in the game.

-There's a bunch of cute, quirky easter eggs throughout the game.

-Cliffjumper's section was a lot of fun. Won't give the Arkham games a run for their money, but I really liked it. (it's also very evocative of Uncharted, no doubt because the voice of Nathan Drake is playing Cliffjumper). I also really liked the banter between him and Jazz.

-Shockwave was really cool.

-The final level is pure epic. However, I thought the ending was a bit rushed and abrupt. To be honest, I'd like it if the campaign was twice as long.

-There's an upgrade system and shop that allows you to soup up your weapons and buy other usefull enhancements. I really liked this feature, but it makes it pretty easy to break the game's difficulty. There's a gun you unlock for beating the campaign that's crazy overpowered, dropping most enemies in one hit.

-There are audio logs you can find in most levels, and finding them all adds some nice replay value. I'm currently in the process of doing this.

Some spoiler-based stuff now:

Spoiler

-The game foreshadows the Transformers going to Earth repeatedly in the game, and I really liked that. It's also a blatant sequel hook.
-One of the really cool twists in the game is you get to kill Megatron early on. Then later on, we see that Starscream's in charge and is as atrocious a leader as you'd expect, but as Soundwave you get to retrieve Megatron's body and bring him back to life. It's one of the highlights of the game.
-The game makes use of Trypticon's appearance in the first game, and it's a neat twist that forms a nice connection between the two games. It also shows how horribly ruthless Megatron is.
-Near the end of the game, Starscream is on his own against the rest of the Decepticons after falling out with Megatron. While it's a great sequence in the game, it reminds me a bit too much of Transformers Prime, where he's used a similar way and it feels like the writers don't know what to do with him. It'll depend on whether he appears in future games.
-The game leaves a number of character's fates ambiguous. Starscream's last seen knocked out in a building that later blows up, Shockwave gets damaged and knocked off said building, Grimlock's either dead or was sent through a space bridge, Bruticus may be adrift in space, and the game never actually tells you if Bumblebee is dead or just badly damaged (I had assumed since early on this was the game's way of tying into Transformers Prime, where Bumblebee doesn't talk).
-One really cool improvement is, when playing as Soundwave, you can actually deploy his cassette minions into battle. Unfortunately this also means Rumble spams the same 3 or 4 lines over and over again.
-An audio log reveals that Omega Supreme is still alive, but in stasis (the TF equivalent of a coma)

-Over all, a great game, and I'm very much looking forward to the inevitable third game in two or years. Also makes me even more optimistic for High Moon Studios' Deadpool game.
~Rocky Balboa

JeyNyce

Played it and beat it.  Love the game.  If you guys like the Transformer: The Movie, then you like the game.  It made a lot of references from the movie.  I like how they did the back story for the Dinobots and it made sense.

The game leaves you with a lot of questions at the end and I guess that's because they want to do a third game to tied everything up.  All-in-all, it's a great game. 

BentonGrey

Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys!  I definitely am going to have to get this. :)
God Bless

XStream

You guys are not helping... I LOVED WFC, and can not wait to play this game.

I keep telling myself that I will buy it once this semester is over, but there will be a new little XBaby needing attended to. I might have to buy this later.

Anyone still play WFC PC online? I would love to play some of my FR chums one weekend.