News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Lightening/Brightening the Skin/Mesh

Started by Xenolith, October 03, 2011, 08:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

I cannot find the instructions for doing this.  Lightning Man's converter will do it most of the time, but sometimes it messes up the mesh.  Can it be done in NifSKope?  Thanks for your help!

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Xenolith on October 03, 2011, 08:20:05 PM
I cannot find the instructions for doing this.  Lightning Man's converter will do it most of the time, but sometimes it messes up the mesh.  Can it be done in NifSKope?  Thanks for your help!

The ones is messes up are most likely FF meshes that have been skoped. You can play around with the glow files tho.

BentonGrey

I've found the best way to deal with this is to brighten it in Nifskope.  Usually you can just click on the mesh, and expand the pieces in the menu on the left until you see the skin file, which will have a little paint palette next to it.  When you find that, click on the palette, and you'll see a set of four triangles.  The bottom right one, emissive, should have its little dot about the middle of the bottom
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Xenolith

Thanks to both of you.  I understand what happened AND know how to fix it!  Teach a man to fish...