Issue 21 begins on Tuesday for all subscribers

Started by catwhowalksbyhimself, September 09, 2011, 10:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

You read that right, Tuesday is the big day.  You'll also be able to grab the Beam Rifle set at a discount and there will be special events and such.  No work on when Freedom opens for free players, but I'd guess the following week is likely, especially as the head start subscriber only events continue until next Tuesday.

http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/news/news_archive/announcing_the_city_of_heroes_vip_head_start.php
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Flying_Infant

is it not supposed to let us log into the game or forums at all now? im listed as VIP status. Hm. Hope its just b/ they're updating.

MikeB7

Still not up.  WAITING MAKES UNCLE MIKEY SLEEPY!!

catwhowalksbyhimself

The forums and game were both taken down.  Forums are back up for me.  The severs are still down, however.

UStream says that have no idea at this point when it will go back up.  I'm still downloading anyways, so no loss for me. Sorry for the rest of you though.

Ephemeris

catwhowalksbyhimself

The_Baroness

Glad to see the old hang out back up again :)

And now I'm a CoH player too.. so hope to see some of you in game ;)

As soon as servers come back up...

catwhowalksbyhimself

And the servers are up.

The login server's getting overwhelmed, though, so if it doesn't connect, keep trying.

Flying_Infant

catwhowalksbyhimself

If that's true now, how nutty will it be when Freedom goes live.

Going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Uncle Yuan

Updated and in.  I like the new log in and character creation interface!
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

B A D

Logged on Long enough to play the underground trial last night. It was long, but fun. Reminded me of the Woodsman's  TF, running around willie nillie trying to find your way through caverns full of icky DE and such. The End villain was fairly easy to beat the snot out of.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

MJB

So is tomorrow the big day for all of us moochers too poor/cheap to pay for this game? I'm still out of the loop. :/

catwhowalksbyhimself

I have seen no announcements on when the F2P bit becomes live.  They have also been patching the game like maniacs.  I am guessing us VIPs are being used as gineau pigs to make sure all is as perfect as possible before Freedom goes live.  I'm guess they will announce it far in advance.  I'd say at least a week, perhaps several.

MJB

Odd. When I go to my account page on the NCsoft site it says my account is marked "playable". Tried to log in & it says I need to subscribe.

Uncle Yuan

Quote from: MJB on September 19, 2011, 10:10:16 PM
Odd. When I go to my account page on the NCsoft site it says my account is marked "playable". Tried to log in & it says I need to subscribe.

Meej - is your account active?  My understanding is that the free play hasn't technically started yet.  The environment is up and running, but the only folks there are subscribers just yet.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

MJB

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on September 19, 2011, 11:03:31 PMMeej - is your account active?  My understanding is that the free play hasn't technically started yet.  The environment is up and running, but the only folks there are subscribers just yet.

See? Confusing.  :huh:

catwhowalksbyhimself

It may say free, but Freedom has not yet launched, so you can't actually play free yet.  I'll be sure to post here when it has.