News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Area34's Fisting Area... Er... Iron Area

Started by area34, February 09, 2011, 10:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figure Fan

Wow that's cool. What base skin did you use?

Podmark

Quote from: murs47 on February 13, 2011, 12:17:35 AM
Nice Area. What do the different modes do?

The green makes him invisible. The red blocks all sound in or out of the suit, he used it to counter Hobgoblin's sonic scream.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

The base that the pics has is a kittbash base I use sometimes. It's a Courtnall skin (I think I made it out of ultraman and avalanche way back) I'm pretty sure it's at least two or three generations from what he uses now. It's not a "legal" base it's just something I was using as a placeholder. I have a psd that use that has all the different bases I've acquired in one layer group for easy swapping and it was
one that was already set up for dark costumes so I was using it while in the wip stage. The finished one uses a different base.

laughing paradox

Spidey is looking very cool. I didn't even realize he had different color modes.. and as you pointed out, nothing says stealth like a glowing neon emblem.

area34

Errrr.. I never got around to releasing most of my wips. Hopefully I can fix that.

So to begin with- I sat down this weekend to listen to Wait, What and finish up Booster. Since I had almost the entire thing done already I went ahead and did a fifth skin for him. I really don't like the outfit and  I prefer Boosters previous version but I went ahead and did his DCNU suit. Even though this one doesn't have the same amount of seams as the JLA ones do it still shares the proplem of being to  busy. I think this one, like most of the DCNU revamps takes a simple design and overly complicates it. Good luck to all the DC artists with drawing all these suits on model (the sad thing is even in it's first and only appearance so far it Booster wasn't drawn consistently).
anyways-
Spoiler

I haven't settled on which base or the hair* to go with. The pic above uses c6's/Tomato base but I might move it back to Murs' more muscular base- and the hair could go both ways based off the comic so I'll let you guys decide what way to go.

*The Booster skoped hair is Courts at the moment

Cyber Burn

Nice work A34, glad to see you back. In regards to the base skins, the C6/Tomato base works very well for slimmer characters such as Booster, whereas, as much as I like Murs's base, I think it works best with characters who are a little more buff, like Superman, Captain America, etc.

The goggles on the Booster skope look really good.

murs47

My base works well with everything CB. Everything! Especially women!

Now, first things first: Area, I have missed you, where the heck have you been?

Second: The latest booster skin looks good. The design reminds me of Nova's most recent look for some reason. More of a sky blue but it has those golden plate things, you know?

I'm glad you're back. ^_^

Podmark

Good to see you again, Area. I'd been wondering about you lately.
Nice Booster. I'd go with the non-spikey hair myself.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

John Jr.

Welcome back, Area!
Nice colors and highlights on Mr. Gold.

Outcast

area34

I'm still working on a final version of the base template.  Trying to smooth out the colors but still have high contrast between the highs and lows...
Spoiler
Per Pods suggestion I dropped the spikey hair but I haven't had a chance to do the other hair. Once that's finished all five versions will be done.

AND...
I skoped this many boards ago. I believe TUE was wanting to do him at one point.

Spoiler
I also went ahead and added the revamped outfit that March had in the last arc. I might do the DCNU outfit (depending on the book tomorrow) but I don't think I'm going to do the original outfit. Syn's version can be dropped on to the skope and it's as good as I could ever do. Oh, and if you have Mur's Ultimate Hood skin that isn't on his site anymore, that works with this too.

I used many a skope fu on the mesh. I went through and edited a thousand or so triangles out so the head is gone and almost no clipping with the jacket. I think he came out pretty solid. (I know the phallic helmet is a little short in length. It's the best I could do with my non blender self.)

*And before it's mentioned. I haven't been able to track down the PSD's to my Damian skope so my template of the cape is missing right now. Just for purposes of this pic- Hood is using Courts cape skin from Robin.

deano_ue

good work on the whites and the logo is crisp, but the jacket is far to bright and the wrinkles are way over done. darken them down and use a black tone around 50 -60% opacity to add depth to the coat

Podmark

Those Red Hood skins are pretty sweet.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

These are excellent! All around awesome, Area!

President Raygun

Good to see you back Area. Lovin'  those Red Hoods, man.  :thumbup:

BentonGrey

Awesome!  Welcome back Area, it's great to see you on the boards again.  I have to agree with what the others have already said, those Boosters are fantastic!  I think Pod was right, the non-spikey hair looks best with that costume.  The Red Hoods are nice too, and I'll agree with TUE, the logos look really sharp and clean.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Amazo Version 2.2

For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

area34

Spoiler
I think the logo should be bigger but when I I do that his chest/sash gets crowded. The hand bandages haven't been started and I've already decided to do some skoping to the belt. At first I I didn't think it was a big deal but the design really looks better with the knot in the front- so unless Gren has new Iron Fist I don't know of, I'm going to hunt for some parts.

Edited to update the pic - Mur's helped me out with getting all the bandages lined up. See he's not so bad. :lol:

Amazo Version 2.2

i know that theres a iron fist in grenadeirs section at the champions website, murs has one as well.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

area34

Yeah, that's what the above skin on now but the sash is tied differently now-a-days. I have a Murs Iron Fist (from Crisis mod or something)) that has some ties in the front that I'm working with but I floated it out here to see if there was something more apropos.

AfghanAnt

Looks really good and Ren's Luke Cage V5 (maybe?) has a knotted sash for the head scarf.

Previsionary

I giggled at this thread title, which tells me one thing: I've been around Murs too long, and it frightens the heck out of me. As for the skin, I'm liking the direction of it. I was hoping someone would skin the white costume!
Disappear when you least expe--

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Previsionary on October 03, 2011, 05:31:52 PM
I giggled at this thread title, which tells me one thing: I've been around Murs too long, and it frightens the heck out of me. As for the skin, I'm liking the direction of it. I was hoping someone would skin the white costume!

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Also glad to see you skinning again A34.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

grenadier

Your hands may not be 100% but you still have the eye and skills  for making top notch skins.  Glad to hear you're healing.  The more master skinners the better.  Now what do you want for iron fist v2?  It's your call.  Consider it a welcome back present.   :)  Give me a pm for what details you want.

And NO!!!  I'm not taking requests from anyone.  This is my present for someone whose creative talents I respect.   Everyone else's present is on Halloween.  (some of you got previews already) The question is how much I can make by then.

Until Further Notice,  

No Requests will be be accepted.

Sioux City Dynamo

Mesh, mesh, mesh like the wind!

Respectfully,
Io

murs47

Quote from: Previsionary on October 03, 2011, 05:31:52 PM

Being around me is not a bad thing! Ugh!

Area, skin am good. *claps*

area34

area34

Since Gren's going to bless me with a custom mesh for Iron Fist I'm going to leave him as is for the time being but I already had planned to skin today so... I've gone ahead and started on Danny's hetero life-mate. His new look hasn't been done yet so I've gone through and skoped arm parts and things onto Ren's mesh for his current look nowadays.
Spoiler
See what I did there. I know at least someone thought I was referring to Luke Cages thunderbolt look(I do have a skope of him but I figure between AA's and C6 he's pretty covered at the moment.) I still need to flip the chain obj in Nifskope (Kenn taught me how but it takes awhile) and I haven't decided on the the seams yet. Artists have yet to give him a consistent look so I'm just playing around with em.

laughing paradox

I like how Iron Fist is shaping up, but I'm particularly enjoying Power Man. I really liked this interpretation of the character. Nice work on it, Area.