Marvel Hero Files - Anyone Interested?

Started by Figure Fan, February 07, 2011, 10:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figure Fan

Hey all,

I just finished putting together a bunch of Marvel hero files for FFvsTR (with the FFX3 add-on) and thought about creating a site to share them on. I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in them. If I had to describe them, I'd say that they are sort of a combination of the Freedom Force characters and Alex's hero files. I plan on providing links to all of the meshes and skins I used, as well as including some hexed keyframes (minor changes to animation numbering, etc.) to make it easier to install them.

Here's a list of the characters I've done:

Angel
Avalanche
Banshee
Beast
Black Panther
Blizzard
Bullseye
Captain America
Colossus
Crimson Dynamo
Cyclops
Daredevil
Dark Phoenix
Destiny
Doctor Doom
Doctor Octopus
Doctor Strange
Electro
Elektra
Firelord
Galactus
Gambit
Goliath
Green Goblin
Grim Reaper
Havok
Hawkeye
Hulk
Human Torch
Iceman
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Jean Grey
Juggernaut
Kang
Klaw
Kraven
Loki
Magik
Magneto
Mandarin
Mister Fantastic
Mysterio
Mystique
Namor
Nightcrawler
Nova
Paladin
Phoenix
Polaris
Professor X
Psylocke
Punisher
Pyro
Quicksilver
Rogue
Sabretooth
Sandman
Scarlet Witch
Silver Samurai
Silver Surfer
Spider-Man
Storm
Sunfire
Super-Skrull
Terrax
Thanos
Thing
Thor
Titanium Man
Ulik
Venom
Vision
War Machine
Wolverine
Wonder Man

I'm sure there are others I could do, but these are most of my favorites so I figured I'd start with these. I might move on to DC characters soon.

spydermann93

I'd be interested. I love checking out other players' hero files. They always give me inspiration for my own hero files. :P

Cyber Burn

Quote from: spydermann93 on February 07, 2011, 11:20:52 PM
I'd be interested. I love checking out other players' hero files. They always give me inspiration for my own hero files. :P

What he said.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 08, 2011, 12:06:50 AM

What he said.

What they said. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

USAgent

Quote from: BentonGrey on February 08, 2011, 03:10:34 AM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on February 08, 2011, 12:06:50 AM

What he said.

What they said. :D

Ditto

I am always looking for ideas on how to best represent characters in game.

bearded

Figure Fan

Welp, it looks like I've got some work to do ;)

I'll post when they're available, which shouldn't be too long. :cool:

Previsionary

Question, FF, which version of Rogue did you make a herofile of? Original, Ms. Marvel inspired, Sunfire inspired, or current?
Disappear when you least expe--

Figure Fan

Quote from: Previsionary on February 08, 2011, 05:31:40 AM
Question, FF, which version of Rogue did you make a herofile of? Original, Ms. Marvel inspired, Sunfire inspired, or current?

I decided to go with the Ms. Marvel inspired version, though I used AA's Heralds skin for the character (since it's so cool). I left out her absorption power since there isn't really a good way to simulate it (and she has gloves on) and focused on endurance, strength, and melee attacks. Flight too, obviously.

freegentile

laughing paradox

I look forward to the release of hero files.

I would like to mention that the Absorb Powers attribute in FFX3 works quite well for Rogue's absorption. It requites a little bit of modification, as well as subtypes in the herofiles, but it does work quite well.

deano_ue

i say yes this is something the community desperately needs

Figure Fan

I just finished my first DC hero file---Martian Manhunter. I'm looking forward to doing the rest of the Justice League, some of their villains, and some Batman villains.

Anyway, I've been trying to decide how I'm going to release the hero files. I thought about putting together a nice site similar to how Alex presented his, or I thought about doing something more nitty-gritty with practically no presentation value what so ever. The graphic designer in me is rebelling against the latter (haha). Laziness might prevail in the end, but we'll see. In the meantime I've been putting together a list of the necessary files for installing them (aka the boring stuff).

I'm hoping to have something to present by the end of this month (if not sooner).

deano_ue