Braid, Machinarium, another game for ANY AMOUNT!

Started by BWPS, December 15, 2010, 05:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWPS

Haha, these suckers are doing a name-your-own price for three DRM free indie games including the awesomely awesome Machinarium and the I keep meaning to get it Braid!
http://www.humblebundle.com/
They're so stupid, why would anyone pay more than a penny for this if they didn't have to?! They won't make any money!

I'm just kidding of course, though I'm definitely not paying too much because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten these at all. This is just a really great (as great as you want) deal. You can choose whether the developers or charity get what percent of the money you give. And the games work on Mac or Linux!
Just thought I'd share!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

detourne_me

Oh man! Humbleindiebundle 2? That's great. I paid five bucks for the first one(a buck for each game) and just a few days ago that original purchase got integrated into Steam.
Maybe if you buy this it will get integrated later down the line too.

Also, if you pay just a penny for this.... Not too cool,  I think paypal keeps any amount under 50 cents. These guys are supporting a charity and their own incomes with these bundles.

lugaru

Dropped $10, even though I already own Braid. Put a chunk of it into Childs play of course...

Uncle Yuan

So what's the deal with the games - any reviews for us?
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

detourne_me

Out of these games the only one I've played is Braid.
Umm it's a plat former a little like super Mario bros. Except that in each level you can kind of control time. So you never really die.
If you fall down a hole, just rewind time... But the thing is, sometimes you're enemies rewind with you, sometimes they don't, and sometimes weird things happen.
It was one of the best indie games out there last year, or two years ago...

lugaru

I agree, Braid is basically Post Modern Mario.

I've been GLUED to CORTEX COMMAND and while it is unfinished and buggy it is as though somebody made the game specifically for me. It feels like a mix of Soldat, Worms and Lemmings.