Abraham Lincoln:vampire hunter

Started by herodad1, November 14, 2010, 07:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herodad1

just finished reading it and heard they are going to make a movie. the book was REALLY good! read it in 3 days. most books take me almost 2 weeks to finish but this one kept me glued!

lugaru

I need to check that out, honestly I'm a fan of all things anachronistic or that involve alternate history. That said you should check out Jes Chri (you know what the forum edits), Vampire Hunter and I think there is also a Pinocchio, Vampire Hunter but I cant endorse that (have not seen it).

herodad1

have to check um out. you'll like Abe Lincoln. it explains what influence vampires played in the civil war and slavery.

lugaru

Quote from: herodad1 on November 15, 2010, 01:47:46 PM
have to check um out. you'll like Abe Lincoln. it explains what influence vampires played in the civil war and slavery.

Which has been mostly removed from text books...

Another thing, kind of way out of left field but you might like it... there is a podcast I listen to called Monster Talk where a bunch of skeptics get scientists on to talk about monsters... basically why they dont exist and what the science would be if they did.

One recent episode was a major departure, they had a guy who wrote for the Weekly World News instead of a scientist. It was an incredibly funny show because he talks in (mostly) total deadpan about George Bush fighting vampires with Batboy and so on. He only really breaks character whenever he would talk about how sad it was that some people believed the stuff in his magazine, or when he talks about like "well I just took the story I printed the previous week and replaced the word alien for ghost". 

http://www.skeptic.com/podcasts/monstertalk/

herodad1

thought i'd use the same thread to plug a new book series i've started reading. they've been around for awhile but ive just discovered them and really enjoy them. the CIRQUE DU FREAK series. i just finished book 6 out of 12. i like how every author who writes about vampires has there own take on the vampire legend. the vamps in this series are warrior like with a battle code and honor like klingons or vikings.  :thumbup:

Reepicheep

I actually met Darren Shan, the author in question, one time in Oxford. He was doing a talk and only two dozen people turned up, so I had a chance to have a long conversation with him, and I'm sure theres a photo somewhere. He looks like a hobbit.

GhostMachine

What we need now is, Elvis Presley: Werewolf fighting ninja!

RTTingle

Quote from: GhostMachine on January 09, 2011, 10:31:34 PM

Pick up Bubba Ho-Tep... almost as good.  ;)

GhostMachine

Quote from: RTTingle on January 10, 2011, 04:39:10 AM
Quote from: GhostMachine on January 09, 2011, 10:31:34 PM

Pick up Bubba Ho-Tep... almost as good.  ;)

Already seen it. That's where I got the Elvis idea from. :)