News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Is Wolverine being spread a little too thin?

Started by lugaru, November 10, 2010, 05:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I should have qualified my comment as to most modern comics. No, I don't read them (need to have a little more steady source of income for that), but if what I read about them here and in links supplied by those here is any indication, I may be better off. So I end up spending what money I have on silver age reprints from both Marvel and DC.

I don't know how to fix it.

Previsionary

Benton, you and I talked about Invaders earlier in the year. Have you happened to check out "Patriot" (which is loosely connected) and "Invaders Now!"? I've been slacking on reviewing these past few months, but I thought that you might have checked them out.
Disappear when you least expe--

BentonGrey

Quote from: Previsionary on November 12, 2010, 04:50:13 AM
Benton, you and I talked about Invaders earlier in the year. Have you happened to check out "Patriot" (which is loosely connected) and "Invaders Now!"? I've been slacking on reviewing these past few months, but I thought that you might have checked them out.

Nope Prev, but I haven't forgotten your suggestion.  I'm waiting until I can get Invaders in TPB's through our library.  On top of my mainstream boycott, I just don't have the funds to pick up any more books than my slim monthly list.  What's "Patriot?"
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

"Captain America: Patriot" is a book set back in the golden age that ties up a bit of history surrounding Jeff Mace and chronicles his transition into becoming Captain America III. It's supposed to make the transition a bit smoother, and it was one of those books I was really looking forward to as I have a soft spot for Mr. Jeffrey Mace. :P

Anyway, it connects to Invaders in a very loose manner because Bucky united and created the "Liberty Legion," consisting of Jeff and a bunch of other heroes from the 40s, in Invaders #5 when the team, minus Bucky, found themselves in a bit of a jam.

steamteck

Actually tanget to the original point. I wouldn't think either vampirism or lycanthropy would  affect  Logan anyway.

Previsionary

Quote from: steamteck on November 14, 2010, 07:24:22 PM
Actually tanget to the original point. I wouldn't think either vampirism or lycanthropy would  affect  Logan anyway.

It was lightly touched on then glossed over completely. "Don't think, this is comics!" logic in effect.

BlueBard

I'm not quite sure how anyone would ever be able to tell if Logan had lycanthropy... ;D
STO/CO: @bluegeek

lugaru

Quote from: BlueBard on November 16, 2010, 10:20:13 PM

I'm not quite sure how anyone would ever be able to tell if Logan had lycanthropy... ;D

First of all it would cause him to contort suggestively in a metal cage, according to Shakira.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=booKP974B0k