News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Captain America: Super Soldier

Started by BentonGrey, October 09, 2010, 03:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, I just saw this on the Major Spoilers website.  It looks pretty good to me, but since it is a tie-in game of sorts, I am a little cautious.  Still, I think that it could be awesome.

http://www.majorspoilers.com/check-out-the-captain-america-super-solider-trailer
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

It's a game Sega is involved in. There's no reason to get excited for this or the upcoming Thor game. X-men Destiny and maybe even the new Super Hero Squad game (Infinity Gauntlet) get my attention more. Sorry, Cap. :(
Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

Tie in games are often pretty bad, so I'm not hopeful yet. It is written by Christos Gage though, which is pretty cool.
Interestingly the costume appears to be the comics costume rather than what's being shown for the movie.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on October 09, 2010, 03:42:04 AM
Tie in games are often pretty bad, so I'm not hopeful yet. It is written by Christos Gage though, which is pretty cool.
Interestingly the costume appears to be the comics costume rather than what's being shown for the movie.

And this is what actually gives me a little hope that this is more than a tie-in game.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

bat1987

Looks interesting at first glance. Combat looks a LOT like Arkham Asylum though.
But I`ll reserve my judgement before I see more gameplay.

lugaru

Did anyone play X-Men origins: wolverine? It got a lot of flack for being the sort of game it was but honestly it was extremely good at letting you go in and tear everything up as wolverine. I consider it on par with Arkham Asylum, and it was a tie in game.

No reason for this to be awful, and Sega makes the Total War series which are the absolute best RTS games out there (except maybe Company of Heroes) so there is no reason why they cant make a good Cap game.

Either way the trailers look cool, I just hope the shield is not a win button and that they dont go too heavy on platforming.

Previsionary

X-men: Origins - Wolverine was made by a completely different company (Raven Software, which has a good rep). A better comparison piece would have been Ironman and Ironman 2, both by sega, and both came out bad. :P The second game got worse reviews than the first. I'm just sayin', this is the company that is actively trying to remove part of its history from the video game shelves because sometime this month they realized a large portion of their Sonic games were bad. Also, RTS games are not action platformers, so them being good in one area doesn't translate at all. In fact, Sega doesn't "make" those games; they publish them... currently.

It's completely possible that the game could be good, but Sega has a history and the reputation it does for a reason. Ignoring that, to me, is just being a little too optimistic and setting yourself up for disappointment. Cautiously optimistic? Ok... but super hopeful, calm down, chicos.
Disappear when you least expe--

Uncle Yuan

Speaking of Arkham, I wonder about the game engine they are using because it looks extremely similar - up to and including the "sidescroller" maps like those vs the Scarecrow.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

TheMarvell

yeah, Sega doesn't have a good track record anymore. Over the last few years they've come out with some really, really bad games, some published, some developed. The Iron Man games instantly come to mind, as well as the Incredible Hulk. Hulk didn't look too bad (it was supposed to be the spiritual successor to Ultimate Destruction - one of my favorite superhero games) but it didn't do very well. I tried to play it once (found it at Target on clearance for $13 dollars), but for whatever reason, my 360 couldn't read the disc so I returned it.

the new X-Men game could be cool. Silicon Knights is making it (Too Human, Eternal Darkness, Legacy of Kain Blood Omen, etc) so it has potential of being great. However, it probably won't be released for another 5 years. :P Hopefully SK learned from their blunders with Too Human though. They made a lot of mistakes, both in the game, and with their PR.

udasu

As a Cap fan, I would hope it would be as good as Arkham Asylum. Watched that trailer 10 times. Let's go for 11..

daerdevil

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.  Cap is so worthy of a good game, movie tie-in or not.  

The trailer makes it look like it has potential. 

NeoDarke

Quote from: Previsionary on October 09, 2010, 04:35:54 PM
X-men: Origins - Wolverine was made by a completely different company (Raven Software, which has a good rep). A better comparison piece would have been Ironman and Ironman 2, both by sega, and both came out bad. :P The second game got worse reviews than the first. I'm just sayin', this is the company that is actively trying to remove part of its history from the video game shelves because sometime this month they realized a large portion of their Sonic games were bad. Also, RTS games are not action platformers, so them being good in one area doesn't translate at all. In fact, Sega doesn't "make" those games; they publish them... currently.

It's completely possible that the game could be good, but Sega has a history and the reputation it does for a reason. Ignoring that, to me, is just being a little too optimistic and setting yourself up for disappointment. Cautiously optimistic? Ok... but super hopeful, calm down, chicos.

Hey... I liked both Iron Man games, granted the first was longer than the second one. But still. I enjoyed them. Felt like Iron Man. Though why Iron Man 2 wasn't two players still escapes me...
I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?

BWPS

It looks really good.

If they've already got that much done, maybe they'll have time to make an actual game. I'm not really hopeful for tie-ins, though.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Spe-Dog

I didnt really enjoy either Iron Man movie tie-in game and the Incredible Hulk, while it looked great, was nowhere near as fun or versatile as Ultimate Destruction.

I'm hoping that the Cap game may turn this trend around.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

BentonGrey

Hey, did anyone ever play this?  I was surprised that it got pretty decent reviews all around.  Most folks seemed to say that it wasn't great, but it was pretty fun.  I was thinking about picking it up, but I'm curious what y'all thought about it.
God Bless

Courtnall6

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

MJB

My oldest bought this a while back. Was a truly fun little game but not worth full price. I recommend waiting on it to hit $30-20. It may have Arkhams game style but it doesn't have it's replay ability.

JeyNyce

Quote from: Courtnall6 on December 02, 2011, 01:38:02 AM
Waiting until it drops to $19.99.

Ditto, it looks like a fun game to play
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Courtnall6

Quote from: Courtnall6 on December 02, 2011, 01:38:02 AM
Waiting until it drops to $19.99.

Found it for $19.99 and just finished it. It took about 8 hours to run through the story mode(first half on normal before I switched to hard). Aside from a few camera issues it was a fun game. The cotume unlocks were ok. The "Classic Cap" one was good from the waist up. The combat pants/boots, with green pouched belt really killed it sadly. It took forever to unlock too...I got it just before the final boss.

Anyway, it's definitely worth the price now if anyone is thinking of picking it up.  :cool:
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.