News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Heralds of Galactus

Started by hoss20, June 26, 2010, 04:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoss20

Okay, I'm finally delivering on these two. Stardust was originally skoped by Cascarudo, but unfortunately, the mesh didn't play nice with conversion to FFVTTR. I was able to make it work through Nifskope and made some minor changes as well (mainly, cutting some dead weight to reduce file size and changing some of the alpha properties). The two skins are by me.

...and just to show that the mesh isn't that dark, but because he's made of energy and semi-transparent, the background shows through

Redshift was done on the Deadpool_muscular mesh by Shevek. I had originally done it on tom_versatile, but wasn't really happy with how it turned out and never released it. I wanted a mesh with some sword animations and not just for a generic weapon. Plus, the animations are geared for both one sword and two sword attacks.

I've added grapple and flying melee keyframes to both keyframes.
  They can be found here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/hoss20/

Artemis

Great work hoss, very nice skins too, especially Stardust.

Scorpion13mk2

Nice. I like Red Shift, but doesnt he have a red and blue sword?

President Raygun

Those are really great Hoss, never thought I'd see Stardust in the game but he looks excellent.

hoss20

QuoteNice. I like Red Shift, but doesnt he have a red and blue sword?

I couldn't find many reference pics, but what I did see was that just the handles were red and blue. So, that's what I went with. If the whole sword is blue, I'd be happy to change it. I want it to be accurate.

electro

These are great Hoss - More characters that only Big swingers like Superman or Thanos could handle - I've wanted Red Shift in my game for awhile now so thanks for making that happen - As for Red Shift's blades they can both be red on the blades but one sword emits red energy & the other blue energy - It would really be awesome if you could skope some emitters on the blades to represent this :blink:

BentonGrey

Wow!  Those guys are fantastic!  Stardust there is really impressive.  Great work Hoss!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

hoss20

Thanks to all for compliments. It really means a great deal. I spent a good deal of time on these guys (especially, Stardust) trying to get them right. After finally getting my hands on Annihilation, it looks like I might need to redo the blue version of the Stardust skin. As for Red Shift, in all of my gathering of reference pics (including the Annihilation series), it just seems that each artist depicted him differently. The reference pic I used (which was certainly the most abundant on the web) showed him with green eyes and the only difference in the swords being the handle color. After checking out Annihilation, he is shown with white eyes and the sword blades not having any color (just the red and blue handles). I thought about adding FX to the blades, like Electro stated, but after further review, it seemed that they didn't emit energy until the power cosmic was channeled through them. I figured that could be handled by power FX in-game. I only wish I had a left handed ranged blast animation for the different colored energy.
   Well, I didn't mean to ramble. I really just wanted to express my gratitude for all the kind words. Thanks, and there are more skopes to come.

USAgent

Love that Stardust, you did him perfect Hoss. I can't imagine the time you put in him, but whatever it was you nailed it.

hoss20

Thank you very much, USAgent. I'm glad I took the time to make a working version for FFVTTR and that I was able to make enough positive changes to release it. It looks like there's quite a few people who wanted to add him to their collection. I wish I could take credit for the original skope, but all that goes to Cascarudo.