News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

New Mutant Pack...

Started by RTTingle, June 12, 2010, 07:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTTingle

... in testing on training.

Here are the details for the set.  The ability to attach a change emote to a costume change now in the costume screen is spiffy.  Video of the emotes and costume changes here... its a lil choppy though.

QuoteThe City of Heroes? Super Booster V: Mutant release is up for testing on the Training Room for a limited time! This booster pack features will be available for all player characters on the Training Room. The costume change emotes** listed below require unlocking at least one additional costume slot.

Mutant Theme Costume Sets

The Mutant theme costume sets unlock all-new heads, armor, sleeves, shoulders, gloves, tails, wings, pants and boots.

* Organic Armor
   * Bioluminescent

Both costume sets include tintable costume pieces, a new feature that allows you to create unique glows for individual costume pieces.

Secondary Mutation Power

Tap into the incredible potential locked within your DNA. Secondary Mutation allows your character to mutate itself for amazing, unexpected results. Charge into battle with new abilities. Be careful, they may help your foes more than you.

Character Emotes

* Showoff
   * Growl

Costume Change Emotes

Activate the following mutant-themed costume change emotes using the costume change interface, selectable from the main Menu.

* Energy Morph
   * Rapid Boil
   * Dimensional Shift

BlueBard

Actually, they introduced that ability to tie a costume change to an emote before.  Both the Magic and Science boosters had costume change emotes.  Don't remember if the Martial-Arts booster had one.

I'm curious about the bioluminescent costume set and the secondary mutation power.  Anybody know what the effects of the secondary mutation power are?  That would be the deal maker-or-breaker for me, assuming I come back to CoH at some point.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteDon't remember if the Martial-Arts booster had one.

Yes, yes it does.  I remember the smoke bomb one.  Not sure about anythign else, but I think there's one other.

As for secondary mutation, there was talk of this in game on the FR channel and those who has test say it's similar to the buidable in base buffs, although there's also one that turns you into a Rickti Monkey with no attacks.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BlueBard

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on June 14, 2010, 02:32:28 PM
although there's also one that turns you into a Rickti Monkey with no attacks.

Ok, I can understand the desire to maximize gains for minimal effort but that's just stupid.  There's no (good) plausible reason why a secondary mutation would turn a mutant into a Rikti monkey pet and back again.

I don't know anything about the in-base buffs; I've been off CoH for a few months now.  Any information on those?

BlueBard

Nevermind, brain just kicked in.  I know what the buildable in-base buffs are, yes.  So you basically get a random buff that might or might not be helpful in the situation you're in, or possibly some negative effect which is essentially a form of debuff.

Makes me wonder how this is different from the Tarot card power from the Magic booster.  Aside from the transform into rikti monkey pet thing, that is.

DrMike2000

Sounds very much like the Tarot Card buff, but useable on yourself rather than others (and thus with a bit of a harsher negative effect, since you only have yourself to blame)
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

RTTingle

Quote from: BlueBard on June 14, 2010, 01:15:43 PM
Actually, they introduced that ability to tie a costume change to an emote before.  Both the Magic and Science boosters had costume change emotes.  Don't remember if the Martial-Arts booster had one.

I'm curious about the bioluminescent costume set and the secondary mutation power.  Anybody know what the effects of the secondary mutation power are?  That would be the deal maker-or-breaker for me, assuming I come back to CoH at some point.

No, not that.

As in going into your costume change screen @ Icon... and below each costume slot... is a box giving you the option of which costume change emote to use when you switch to that costume.

RTT

BlueBard

Quote from: RTTingle on June 15, 2010, 04:44:32 AM
Quote from: BlueBard on June 14, 2010, 01:15:43 PM

No, not that.

As in going into your costume change screen @ Icon... and below each costume slot... is a box giving you the option of which costume change emote to use when you switch to that costume.

RTT

Ok, now I get it.  You can configure a default cc emote for each costume, then?  Sweet.

BlueBard

Quote from: DrMike2000 on June 15, 2010, 03:04:08 AM
Sounds very much like the Tarot Card buff, but useable on yourself rather than others (and thus with a bit of a harsher negative effect, since you only have yourself to blame)

I wonder if they stack?  Like can you have both 'on' at the same time?  (Guessing yes)  And if the buffs happen to be of the same type by random chance, will they have a cumulative effect?

DrMike2000

I dont see why not. Base empowerment buffs (another sourceof small-ish flavour buffs) stack with Tarot Card buffs after all.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Reepicheep

I saw some concept art for the two new costume sets on Facebook. And somewhere, someone took a screenshot on the forums. If you haven't seen them already, go take a gander. They look pretty sweet. One of them might even come with a new sword.