News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Changing an Idle into a ranged/direct

Started by area34, May 19, 2010, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

area34

Title says it all. I just want to change an idle animation into a ranged/direct animation. I know from changing melee's into ranged that adding a contact or a leave_hand does it, but for idle to anything else it doesn't seem to work. Just wondering what I'm doing wrong.

TrajkLogik

Have you clamped the animation (turn the idle animation from a looped to a clamped animation)?
These are instructions I copied from somewhere (probably here) that tells you how to do it w/ NifSkope

QuoteChanging a looping animation to once only and vice versa
This is also fairly easy, if a little tedious. Some animations, e.g. melee_idle, loop continuously when played. Other, such as melee_2, play only once. It is possible to switch the behaviour of animations. Be aware that the game engine only allows animations with the correct flag to be used for certain purposes. Changing a melee animation to loop will prevent the game recognising it as a melee animation at all, despite the name.
Select the animation. Click the plus to reveal the child nodes. We are interested in the NiKeyFrameController chain. This chain usually consists of a string of controllers that reference the next controller. Each controller acts on a specific bone node. We are interested on the flag on each controller, which is either 8(cycle) meaning loop or 12(clamp) meaning once only. Simply descend the list of controllers changing the flag on ALL of them to the desired value. Save your work and test it.

area34

heroidosilencio

What is the iddle? That is useful for what? I mean, it can not atack, but it is a movement...

Does it appear when the character stay too long still?? I know what you both are talking about but I  don`t understant what is the iddle for...

spydermann93

The "idle" animation plays when the character is not moving and is not in a fight.

"melee_idle" plays when the character is in a fight, but not attacking.

heroidosilencio

Ahhh, now I understand!!! Thank you for spending sometime explaining to me, Spydermann93.

spydermann93