Animated Spidey Returns!!

Started by crimsonquill, April 14, 2010, 05:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

Well, we wondered if there would be another season to Spectacular Spider-Man or something different coming along in time for the Spider-Man movie reboot.. well, Marvel.com gave us the answer.

Yup, Ultimate Spider-Man will be reaching the small screen and it will be back in the hands of Bendis and Bagley once again.. Bagley stated that he pulled his designs closer to those he did for the Ultimate Spider-Man Video Game (i.e. Ultimate Beetle will be used) and that a few clues of friends and foes appear in the poster that he threw together for the convention tours announcing the project. They also confirmed that Ultimate Spider-Man will be shown on Disney XD along with the second season of Mighty Avengers.

The direction of this toon has tossed a really big clue for where the Spider-Man reboot might be going as well.. which makes sense since Ultimate Spidey is pretty much the opposite direction of Raimi's Spider-Man and also keeps his high school years quite at the center of the story.

Apparently this makes it official that when Sony gave up the rights for any animated Spider-Man series once Disney purchased Marvel that Spectacular Spidey's offices were shut down and all they had planned for a third season was shelved for the foreseeable future.

- CQ

Spoiler
If you look closely at the poster you can spot: Ultimate Doctor Octopus, Ultimate Green Goblin, Ultimate Nick Fury, Ultimate Shroud, Ultimate Nova (but wearing his 616 costume?), and Ultimate Iron Fist.
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Podmark

I'll be looking forward to this project but I must admit I'm really sad that Spectacular Spider-Man is over. That was an excellent show.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

Spectacular Spider-Man was the best adaptation yet and probably would have stayed that way a while. I really don't like Ultimate Spider-man. I am so unhappy.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

JeyNyce

So Spectacular Spider-Man is really over :(  oh well.  I hope this one is good.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

deano_ue

just in time to tie into the reboot

which makes me despair for the reboot even more

docdelorean88

I like everything about ultimate spiderman except for the villains, who are all ruined...actually destroyed is a better word.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

TheMarvell

For a moment I got really excited and thought Spectacular Spider-Man was coming back for a third season. Needless to say I'm really disappointed. So it's really over for good now? I was really liking it, despite my initial negative reactions. I even bought the season 1 dvd.

My familiarity with the Ultimate Spidey universe really only comes from the PS2 game. It was a decent game, and I was amused at the differences, but ultimately (har har) I didn't like most of the changes. Mostly, if not only, with just about every villain. I really liked Beetle, and that was about it. Electro, Venom, and Green Goblin were butchered and I guess I just didn't get why, if they are going to make such drastic changes, they didn't just make a new IP. But that's just me. Seeing Green Goblin as basically a demonized Hulk though...yeah, not for me.

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

lugaru

Dini?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kkhohoho

The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Shogunn2517

I mean no harm, but how many different Spiderman cartoons do we need?  We had one from the 60s and the 80s.  We had one in the 90s, but since this will be like the 3rd in the last 7 years.  One every decade wouldn't be uncalled for, but three?  I'd rather see other properties get some light.  Captain America, Thor, Nick Fury and SHIELD, Punisher, etc.

Previsionary

Spidey has had way more than one in the 90s (and > 3 in the new decade). Thor actually HAS a toon coming out. It's just not talked about very often. Punisher... you won't see a toon for him unless it's teen/adult oriented and on Adult Swim, SpikeTV, FX, or some premium channel.

But in general, Thor, Cap, Nick Fury, and proponents of SHIELD are not suffering in their lack of appearances considering they're all appearing in multiple shows at this very moment ranging from Ironman/Black Panther to Superhero Squad.

I'd also like to point out that Jeph Loeb has hinted that he wants to bring some new stuff to TV over the next few years. Hero dramas, and Powerman and Ironfist is one of the properties being loosely tossed around.
Disappear when you least expe--

Shogunn2517

I'm just citing the lack of exclusive shows from other Marvel properties.  I am aware of where they might appear.

BentonGrey

Well, while I would turn up my nose at any Utlimate property on general principle, Dini's name being attached to it gives me pause.  I am sad that Spectacular is being cancelled though.  I would much prefer Dini having just gotten on board that show.  Perhaps I could be persuaded to watch an episode with Dini behind it....though, his talk about taking the show in a new direction...hmm....after all, while a brilliant writer, the man has been known to do things I'm not exactly crazy about in an attempt to be different.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/