News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

John's Skopes and Skins

Started by John Jr., April 04, 2010, 12:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

Thanks!
I used an edited photo texture for the shoes.
He's supposed to be  the "DCNU" Young Superman, the face is a placeholder, from my Superboy skin, final version will have a slightly older look (older than my Superboy, younger than my Superman).

Outcast

Quote from: John Jr. on May 27, 2012, 01:39:30 AM
Thanks!
I used an edited photo texture for the shoes.
He's supposed to be  the "DCNU" Young Superman, the face is a placeholder, from my Superboy skin, final version will have a slightly older look (older than my Superboy, younger than my Superman).

So that's how you did the shoes. :cool:

DCNU...hmmm...i did a quick google search and it led me to this image. Superman in a wrestling game?! :o  :blink:

spydermann93

I'm going to guess Semi-Casual Superboy :P

Great work, though, JJ :D

John Jr.

Outcast,
The images are from a WWE game, they have a VERY powerful customizing system and you can make almost anyone in there. Superman is one of the most frequently created wrestlers.
DC made another reboot last year, and the new Superman used a jeans and t-shirt "costume" when he started his career, in his late teens, early twenties.
Spyder,
Semi-casual Superboy? Good idea :)
Anyway, this is the look I'm trying to get:

laughing paradox

I call this version the George Perez Superman, which was actually good the first few issues.

Your skin is looking very productive. I thought the sleeves were mesh pieces for a second.

Is his cape thinner than normal in the comic? If that is the case, maybe alpha the sides of the cape?

John Jr.

Thanks, LP!
The cape looks different in different comics, sometimes it's looks bigger, sometimes shorter and thinner...So I went for the classic look.
I already made several adjusts to the skope and played a little with the skin, I'll post an update in the next days.

Cyber Burn

Looking good JJ, glad to see you creating for FF again.

murs47

Lookin good JJ! Glad you're back in the skinning game

John Jr.

Thanks, guys. It's good to be back.

John Jr.

Updated:

-Edited the skope
-Added cloth texture and some highlights to the shirt
-Changed the face
-Edited the shoes.

martialstorm

Great to see your skins again John and I'm really happy you're taking on the new 52 Superman following on from your previous excellent versions.

I know you're still working on it but will you be adding wrinkes/ creases to the shirt to make it more loose in appearance?

Also like the subtle changes in the face.

John Jr.

Thanks, martialstorm.
Yeah, I want to add some detail to the shirt before release, but since I'm rusty I didn't got it right in the first attempts. I'll try it again ASAP.

laughing paradox

I agree with the short creases, but it's looking great. I love how you did the hair.

Maybe a touch of shadow on his forehead, right under his head? Are you going to skope a belt piece on?

John Jr.

Thanks, LP.
Good idea about the shadow, I'll try it.
I started the skope with a belt, but I noticed the shirt covers the belt in most images, so I removed it.

John Jr.

Changed the skope (again), but I wanted something different form my previous Superboy/man models.
Followed martialstorm's suggestion and added creases to the shirt and pants.
Followed LP's and added a belt, but since Supes used two different (non) costumes in the Brainiac story arc I made two different skins, one with the belt and the white shirt "variant":

What you think, guys?

laughing paradox

Lookin' good!  :thumbup: I like how the belt looks on the overall skin.

Cyber Burn

Agreed, the belt brings something extra to the skin. Looks good.

John Jr.

Thanks, guys.
My plan is to release the skope with both skins, so the player can choose which one he want to use.
I already started to work in a Conner Kent Superboy skope and skins, so I should be able to give a preview in the next days.

martialstorm

Excellent John Jr the extra touches are the icing on the cake. Great job.

Btw I saw an image in the latest Action Comics that looks very similar to your 3d pic.

John Jr.

Thanks, martialstorm.
Now, like I promised, the Conner Kent preview:

Mesh is Ink's Superboy_TT (who, surprising enough didn't had a standard skin yet). I just alpha-enabled all the accessories, so I can use multiple skins with this mesh.

Podmark

Cool stuff John. I'm a big fan of that costume for Connor. Neat hair piece.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Cyber Burn

The logo turned out especially well done. Nice work JJ.

martialstorm

Outstanding John great mesh choice and the skin looks excellent.

Mystik

logo does look like nice but wrong colors

John Jr.

Thanks, guys. Ink made a great mesh. I'm already planning a second skin with one of his more "super-hero" like looks.
Mystik,
This is only a WIP, I'll change the logo's colors and add some details to the skin (I'm not satisfied with the face yet).

John Jr.

martialstorm

You nailed the Young Justice version, excellent!

Mystik

love the skin!!!! hope u do more yj members

John Jr.

Thanks, guys. I'm glad you liked it.
Mystik,
Yes, I have plans for other YJ characters.