News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Kevin Smith and Southwest

Started by Ares_God_of_War, February 19, 2010, 08:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares_God_of_War

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

Uncle Yuan

In all of this the thing that surprises me is that he's flying a budget carrier with no first class section.  While none of his movies were mega-huge blockbusters, some of them were quite solidly successful and I guess I figured that he was comfortable enough financially to not have to fly budget.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

BentonGrey

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on February 21, 2010, 10:04:53 PM
In all of this the thing that surprises me is that he's flying a budget carrier with no first class section.  While none of his movies were mega-huge blockbusters, some of them were quite solidly successful and I guess I figured that he was comfortable enough financially to not have to fly budget.

The same thought crossed my mind too, UY.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Quote from: Uncle Yuan on February 21, 2010, 10:04:53 PM

In Robot6's article about this it mentions that he had tickets on a later flight but decided to fly out earlier. Maybe his only option was a budget plane on the earlier flight?
Either way Kevin Smith always seemed like a kinda down to earth guy to me, maybe he doesn't mind flying budget?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Ares_God_of_War

Basically from the story he flys southwest when he has to go short distances between his residence and vegas and a few areas in Cali. From what it sounds like in the incident he bought 3 tickets for the trip to but his wife wasnt able to go and he likes the extra seat as a buffer between him and others. The flight to he basically lost out on seat 2 and 3 due to some seating issues so he has right next to people no problem. On the flight back he went standby for an earlier flight and was accepted but as he borded he was stopped by someone who said something to him that he didnt hear. His response was something along the lines of as a joke "am I being downgraded to luggage?" due to the flight being packed. The person responded by saying he was asking if he was "revenue: which in their terms meaning did he pay for his ticket with money and not points. He gets to his seat and sits down and is almost buckled when he is told he must leave because he is a safety concern. They danced around the subject of his weight. He believes it was his coment that got him flagged since their was a much larger individual on the flight.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."