News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Windows 7

Started by jackfrost, January 19, 2010, 07:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackfrost

Hey you guys!
I?m new here. I love the super hero genre, and love to create stories, so when I knew that u can make ur own mods using a edit program with the FF engine, well, I got realy excited. But I can?t use the ffedit cause somehow the program brokes...

And I cant get a issue report, cause windows 7 tries to recover the program and they dont give me any kid of report...

Anybody else using it in windows 7? Got any similar issue?

jackfrost

I?m already using the last patch. Actually, the game works perfect. Just the edit tool that brokes when I?m trying to use lvledit thing, to make missions and work on it in game...

stumpy

Sorry, I haven't had the pleasure of even trying the game under Window 7, much less the FFEdit. The best advice I can think of is to click on the executables involved (fforce.exe, ffedit.exe, etc.) and set them to run them in compatibility mode. I don't even know which compatibility modes W7 offers; I would guess that the oldest would be the best because the editor was released in 2002, which is pre-Windows XP SP2 (and I think there were issues with Level Edit under SP2, though I can't be sure since I kept one of my Windows boxes at SP1 to avoid the trouble).
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Tomato

Aside from Stumpy's compatibility mode advice (which is something you should try every time you have an issue on Vista/7) have you unpacked data.ff yet? I had a bit of an issue one time because one of my dat files hadn't been extracted. Also, do you have the appropriate registry additions? Vista/7 does it's registry additions in a bizzare fashion, and I know steam users had all kinds of problems. try the files I posted here