News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Area34's Area - BEEP BEEP mandroid BEEP BEEP

Started by area34, January 14, 2010, 05:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blkcasanova247

Cool...don't "tone" down the goggles though....they look cool like that. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

AfghanAnt

The goggles are incredibly shiny and is that C6's face work?

area34

It's his new face base smudged and recolored with with a smile based off his old Aquaman. If I've veered to close I can go back and do some changes.

AfghanAnt

Hey that's up to you man, all I know is you got a stern talking to by C-6 about his work.

docdelorean88

Yeah, your choice, but be careful. We know you are a good guy!  :D And besides tensions have been on there annual high lately. Good luck.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

area34

I've been MIA from my comp (I live in Indianapolis- the towns been busy) so I haven't gotten to skin'n but when I get time later I'm going to redo the face altogether since it is close enough to be noticeable.

I just wish I knew TUE was doing a BB. I would have done something else...

Edited to add

Spoiler

Face was wiped and the smile was made sans aquaman so as to not influence it. I toned down the eyes too.

area34

Taking a break from Cassandra Nova...
Since seeing as TUE is doing a Blue Beetle I went and put my BB on the back burner- So on to the next guy on my queue...

Daredevil's on and of again schizo bad guy. Melvin Potter.

He's been colored both as turquoise and a straight metal color in the comics, so I did both.

jtharris86

murs47

Xenolith

It looks good and I'm really excited to see this.
However, Gladiator is normally portrayed as a "big guy" so I think Tomato's Male_Football might have a better body type for this guy.
Whatever you decide, I'm glad you are taclking this project.

daerdevil

Gladiator, sweet!  Good to see ol' Melvin Potter getting some love.

area34

Yeah, I know Maleev and Lark always had him as a hulking middle aged man but the boots won't work with any other body type so I'm inda stuck. I did make him taller so he's more of a Miller era version though.

Modern and classic style. I redid the belt since most times it's cloth instead of the chainmail.

herodad1

love it when you guys do the CLASSIC characters!

laughing paradox

Great Gladiator, Area. Nice to see someone tackle this character.

area34

I've had a couple people say I should finish the Beetle skin. He was pretty much done but seeing as how Yellow Lantern's Beetle is the one TUE is using with his skin and Court newest version is with it I decided to move my skin to it but I had to redo some parts. His face (since now his eyes are more noticeable and the goggles are different), and his belt/holster/buckle combo. I'm probably going to have a hexed version of the nif(since he has two extra parts on his arms) that is alpha enabled so people can have the normal version and my version selectable on the same character.

I haven't skinned the gun yet. I wasn't sure if I had to. Courts version that comes with the mesh is awesome and I know when people use some weapons they don't bother doing new skins...

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Outcast

It looks great man. Awesome job with the goggles. :panice

Blkcasanova247

Tomato

hmmm... Great work on this, I'm loving the goggles... pulling off glass is not easy in FF, but you did a great job here. I do have a few issues though, which have been nagging at me. Please don't take this personally, I'm just as bad to everyone (ask Pod and TUE, heh)

The first thing that nags at me is the dark blue... it's pretty flat man. The light blue areas have this nice pop from the highlights, which is noticeably absent from the darker blues. You almost have the opposite problem with the blacks... You have this strong gray highlight on the black areas (it's worst mainly on the MB body, it looks fine on the belt and holster). Because the black is more of a detail in this case, you're almost better off either removing the highlight entirely or, better yet, making it much more subtle. I'd also advise either darkening some of the edges (just the lower edges or both top and bottom, use your own judgment) or shadowing the area around the black... something to make the black areas not blend with the blue.

area34

Taking Tomato's suggestions-

New layer of highlights for the dark fabric and changed the piping.

And this is what I was working on until I saw Tomato's advice.

Built using Murs's body structure instead of Courts.

Well I'm out for till tomorrow so feel free to leave any more suggestions for me to get to later.

murs47

Very cool Area. Huge improvements on BB. My only suggestion is to skin MORE!

Tomato

Blue Beetle=Perfect now, or at least from what I can tell. I make no claims toward being the ultimate skin critic, but I don't see anything off on it.

As for the Hellfire Club minion, I have a minor issue with the reds. It looks as though you did the highlights over a flat red, which is fine except that there are large spaces that are just flat (the most noticeable area is right under the pecs). I'd suggest just adding a mild shadow layer to help give some more definition.

area34

I think the red's are coming out flat looking because the red stripes are a duplicated and hued version of the dark blue body skin. The blue is so shadowed that the reds didn't have the same or a lot of dithering when it was shifted. I'll add a layer to the chest but I think the hands and feet will look over rendered if I do much more to it.

Edited to add-

Did tweeks to the reds.

electro

Damn Area34 your the Man - Always wanted The Gladiator mesh - skin & this is beyond my expectations :blink:

area34

Thanks- I went ahead and released the Gladiator skope even though I don't think it's as good as my Blue Beetle. The TommyBoy parts gave me problems (Boots that wouldn't fit, the shoulder spikes wire frame is so small you can really do any details, ect) and as pointed out earlier current Melvin is an old chubby guy. I'm taking the skin and building a new Gladiator.

Tomato's Football body with different Tommy pieces. I'm not sure what I'm going to use for spikes yet and I haven't touch the REFl yet so it's all shiny.

Blkcasanova247

Wow...thats too funny! :lol: Great job Area. :thumbup: Maybe smooth out those abs though. :P ;)

Xenolith

That's cool!  If you release it, that's the one I'll use.  :)

murs47

Holy fat abdominals, Batman!

That is funny, but when did Potter become fat? :huh: