News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The Akinator

Started by GogglesPizanno, January 08, 2010, 04:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GogglesPizanno

http://us.akinator.com/

This is pretty cool. Basically think of a person (real or fictional) and answer a series of questions and it tries to guess who you are thinking of. It is surprisingly accurate (almost scary in some cases).

Previsionary

good gravy, Goggles... I blogged about this last year. Way to be late. And here I thought you were always on top of things. Obviously, I was wrong. :P
Disappear when you least expe--

UnfluffyBunny

well rik mayall it had to had a second guess, and the violator needed a third guess, but aside from that got everything I could think of in 1 go o_o

doctorchallenger

Deng Xioping needed 2 guesses, Georbells and Nehru in 1 each, and I stumped it with Fredrick JAckson Turner, but I will say I had to dig deep.

Tawodi Osdi

It beat me on Ronald Reagan and the poet Homer, but it didn't get Red Tornado, but I didn't go beyond the first round.

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: Previsionary on January 08, 2010, 01:25:32 PM
good gravy, Goggles... I blogged about this last year. Way to be late. And here I thought you were always on top of things. Obviously, I was wrong. :P

Blogs... BAH!
You kids and your faceblocks and twisters....

detourne_me

Oh my good Lord! I've been searching for this for a few weeks now.  I forgot I fist got it from Prev!  It would really come in useful for a fun game for my Winter English Camp classes. Good thing I still have Monday and Tuesday classes to use it.

Outcast

Hehe..it couldn't guess my favorite character after 3 tries. :P

I didn't find the character on his list/database. :rolleyes:

It's a fun site nevertheless.. ^_^

Uncle Yuan

Hm, stumped it with Keith Ellison.  (MN 5th district congressman and first Muslim-American elected to congress)

I do wonder about the algorithm, In the 40 questions I answered "Is X dark skinned?"  "Is X black?" and "Is X white?"  I could make an argument for Q 1 & 2, but the third?
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

The Phantom Eyebrow

Nice site.  It got Thomas Covenant on the third round but I beat it with Griff Rhys Jones!

(I do wonder though if I answered every question correctly though, I don't really know that much about either of them)

UnfluffyBunny

took 2 attempts to get galen marek (starkiller) but got kyle katarn and admiral ackbar first try

[edit]
thought i'd trick it by using death from discworld specifically but it even guessed discworld on first ty -_-

Panther_Gunn

I just beat it with Brother Power!  Kinda hard to get more obscure than a character that lasted two issues, even though it did have a Who's Who entry.

By entering the name of the character if it loses, I see how it can quickly expand it's database, making it increasingly more difficult to win.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

stumpy

Ha! That was fun.

It got Mark Twain and Gandalf pretty easily.

Stumped it with Brainiac 5, though it might have been tough because I answered No / Not Really to "is the character human" (though he's not) because it asked that more than once. Oddly it guessed anime characters twice despite me answering that it wasn't an anime character.

It guessed Lois Lane in two tries (the first guess was Family Guy's Loretta Brown).
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg