News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Vague recollections

Started by BentonGrey, November 28, 2009, 05:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Gentlemen, I hope that your combined wisdom and knowledge can help me bring an answer to a question that has been nagging at me most of the day.  I went to a comic book store today that had several representatives of the "Star Wars Miniatures" game, a game which I think I may have mistaken for something else.  It reminded me of advertisments I saw many years ago (probably around ten or eight) in various Star Wars comics, magazines, or sourcebooks for the RPG.  They were advertising a SW game that was very much like Warhammer, with armies of various units that you could command on a small scale.  This miniature game that I've come across seems more focused on individual units a-la Heroclix, rather than squads of troops.  Can anyone tell me what this strange thing was that I'm remembering, and also perhaps where to find info about it.  So far my Google searches have produced nothing.  Thanks guys.

Ahh....I seem to have found it.  Apparently it was named "Star Wars Miniature Battles" rather than the shorter version which is, in fact, a relatively new creation.  I remember seeing the ads for this hulking monstrosity of a game when I was a kid and thinking about how cool, relatively speaking, it looked.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/