Female Bald Talking Head?

Started by AfghanAnt, November 24, 2009, 09:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Does this exist?  :huh:

Blkcasanova247

Tommyboy has a female versitile head on his website under "other" that might fit the bill. ;)
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/other%20meshes%201.html
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

AfghanAnt

Unfortunately that is why I'm making this request. Doc and I are having some issue with TB's in  :ff:

DrMike2000

I think I've fixed this.
It appears that loading and saving a talking head in NIFSkope corrupts the last few bytes in the file. I've manually modified one of Ant's heads with Visual Studio's hex editor, and it works now.

Has anyone ever had any success with this in the past for FF1?
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

tommyboy

Quote from: DrMike2000 on November 27, 2009, 04:08:38 PM
I think I've fixed this.
It appears that loading and saving a talking head in NIFSkope corrupts the last few bytes in the file. I've manually modified one of Ant's heads with Visual Studio's hex editor, and it works now.

I know I haven't, but since I could make whatever I needed in Max, I tended not to play with heads in nifskope.
I'd hazard a guess that it may be the "morphing" nature of the heads animations which messes up nifskope, its the only difference between them and "normal" meshes, which of course function fine in 'skope.

JKCarrier

It appears that loading and saving a talking head in NIFSkope corrupts the last few bytes in the file.

Aha, that explains why I haven't been able to get them working in 3rd Reich either. So it's back to old-fashioned hex editing, eh? I hope I remember how...  :o

AfghanAnt

I think I've fixed this.

Are you serious? That is so amazing that you figured that out. Could you send me an email with details for Omegazon and Emma's heads?

JKCarrier

Just to confirm DrMike's discovery (as if there was any doubt!  :lol: ):

Previously, whenever I tried to modify a talking head in NifSkope, even just hiding or un-hiding pieces, it would cause the head to "break" and crash the game. This time, I made all my changes in NifSkope, saved it, and then opened the head.nif in a hex editor and compared it side-by-side with the original unmodified head. Sure enough, there were differences in the last few bytes at the end of the file. So I took the "good" data from the original head.nif and pasted it over the "bad" data in my modified head, and...

Ta Da! Thanks for your detective work, Doc!  :thumbup:

Previsionary

seems like useful info. Shouldn't this be added to the wiki or some such? (adds link to comp. list of tutorials)
Disappear when you least expe--

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Previsionary on November 29, 2009, 01:28:21 AM
seems like useful info. Shouldn't this be added to the wiki or some such? (adds link to comp. list of tutorials)

It should.

DrMike2000

For all the world to see:

On the bad head, you find the last 01 in the file and change it to an 02. This is the eighth last byte, ie you'll see a 01 followed by seven zeros at the end.

The you add a 15 00 00 00 at the end of the file, making it 4 bytes longer.

And then it works!

So that's:

01 00 00 00   00 00 00 00                     - bad!
02 00 00 00   00 00 00 00   15 00 00 00  - good!

The spookiest part of this process was when I decided I wanted to compare the original head and the NIfSkoped saved one. "I'll just write a little programme called BinDiff" I thought and then discovered that I already had three years earlier, and it did exactly what I needed! I scare myself sometimes... :D
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com