Mission Architect Challenge the First

Started by BlueBard, November 13, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

Seems Dr. Aeon has the very first Architect challenge:

"Create a mission where a hero does evil for the greater good."

Not my cup of tea so I doubt I'll be entering anything, but some of you might have some ideas you'd like to submit.

For more info:
http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/news_archive/mission_architect_contest.html
STO/CO: @bluegeek

DrMike2000

I'll admit that I was looking through the requirements, just so i could grumble about Australian residents not being eligible, but I found something even stranger:

(d) you must be a resident of the United States (excluding the State of Rhode Island, and excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, military installations and commonwealths), Canada (excluding Quebec) (Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes), or the European Union.

Is that a joke?
If not, can anyone enlighten me on why this is? :D
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Tortuga

Here's a wiki about why.

Skill testing questions are just a part of Canadian life.

DrMike2000

Wow!
That makes sense now. Thanks, Tortuga.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Uncle Yuan

I find the use of that rule in this instance to be odd - since you are presumably being judged on the quality of your submission it would seem to be an ipso facto skill test.  That is like saying you are going to ask a hockey team to answer a math question to participate in a play off series.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

captainspud

So, I wonder how many missions are going to get submitted wherein you beat up civilians in an airport to stop a Russian terrorist's larger plan? ;)
I do not hold grudges against those who argue with me. If you disagree with me, it can only be because I have not made the correct understanding clear to you. Thus, your ignorance is my fault, not yours.

Let us work together to correct it.

BlueBard

FYI... I will not be participating in the challenge, but I'd be happy to help playtest on either Freedom or Virtue if anyone else does. 
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Kommando

Quote from: DrMike2000 on November 16, 2009, 12:10:51 AM
I'll admit that I was looking through the requirements, just so i could grumble about Australian residents not being eligible, but I found something even stranger:

(d) you must be a resident of the United States (excluding the State of Rhode Island, and excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, military installations and commonwealths), Canada (excluding Quebec) (Canadian residents will be required to answer an additional mathematical question in order to claim their prizes), or the European Union.

Is that a joke?
If not, can anyone enlighten me on why this is? :D

I find it amusing that the residents of Rhode Island are excluded from the contest, considering that's where Paragon City is supposed to be located.

Kommando

I have one that is playable and ready for critiques, called Zenith Zero's Puppet.  Arc ID: 346487.  Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

rain

Actually this theme was right up my alley and after 4 solid days of effort I came up with:

The Mittelrhein Sanction
Arc ID:347518
Travel Back in time to assassinate a key historical Figure
Levels:40-54
Each mission contains an EB/AV but on -1,0 I soloed this on a blaster and controller.

I'm happy with how it turned out.
-rain

Every time a Hammyo'ed MoG scrapper falls to an elec snipe in the arena, an angel gets his wings