News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

skoping and reflections

Started by Podmark, November 05, 2009, 05:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

One thing I'm still having lots of trouble with skoping is when I add a piece to a mesh, say Cyclops' visor onto Tomato's new male_basic, the refl won't work on it  (true story). I then have to try and fix it. I follow the instructions for glow and refl on the wiki page but half the time I can't get it working. Is there some kind of fool proof way to do this?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

AfghanAnt

Are you copying the whole branch which would include NiTextureEffect? Also moving certain parts of the uv can mess up the reflect and glow on some meshes (I've noticed this mostly with Tommyboys).

Blkcasanova247

Check your PM box buddy. It's a little tut I whipped up for AA a while back that should work for ya. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Podmark

Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 05, 2009, 05:54:57 PM
Are you copying the whole branch which would include NiTextureEffect? Also moving certain parts of the uv can mess up the reflect and glow on some meshes (I've noticed this mostly with Tommyboys).

Haven't touched the UV, and I'm pretty sure I'm moving the entire branch but I'll double check tonight.

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on November 05, 2009, 06:06:03 PM
Check your PM box buddy. It's a little tut I whipped up for AA a while back that should work for ya. ;)

Yeah I just saw that, I'll try it asap.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

Make sure you change the effects number to match the mesh. The piece when copied has a number from the original mesh and probably needs to be changed to match the new meshes effects number.

Blkcasanova247

Coolness. It's pretty easy and works for most things. ;)

area34

If you've got an easy fix BLK might I have a copy too?

Podmark

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on November 05, 2009, 06:26:49 PM

Cas you are awesome.
Quote from: area34 on November 05, 2009, 06:19:19 PM
Make sure you change the effects number to match the mesh. The piece when copied has a number from the original mesh and probably needs to be changed to match the new meshes effects number.

Yeah that was the exact problem.
Pod is happy now.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

I've moved so many things that it's become habit anymore to change the effects number every time I copy anything.

detourne_me

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on November 05, 2009, 06:26:49 PM
could you forward it my way too?

Blkcasanova247

Podmark

It really is a good tutorial. It was easy to follow and helped me right away.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page