sure its already ben discussed but eddy brock or mac as venom

Started by Ember, October 30, 2009, 08:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember

im a die hard eddy brock fan and im sure this has ben discused befor but im new and just wanted to see if any others felt my way about venom

Podmark

I prefer him a Gargan right now.

It's not necessarily that I think he's better as Venom, it's just that I like to see stories progress which means I like to see characters and stories change over time. Sometimes those stories should return to past and maybe Brock should be Venom again one day, but right now I'm happy they tried something different and didn't immediately backtrack on it.

Also I like Brock as Anti-Venom.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

I think a T-Rex should be venom always. What's better than a T-Rex?
http://www.bamkapow.com/bk_images/2009/03/08/venom-t-rex.jpg

In fact Marvel Zombies would have been cooler if it were Marvel T-Rexes. I'd actually read that every day of the week!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

lugaru

I agree with Podmark... I always loved Brock but Mac is a classic spidey thug meaning his venom has been cowardly, cruel, sick and evil. Those are traits I love in a villain. Add the stories when they put him on meds and you have comedy gold.

Blitzgott

I like Mac as Venom because I think villains should be evil.

This "grey" fad that has been going on in fiction lately is getting really annoying. When I pick up a comic book of a hero I like, I want to see him kick butt and cheer for him as he does so; not feel like a jerk for cheering for a guy who is kicking the butt of a mentally-unstable, misguided everyman with a tear-jerker backstory who happened upon superpowers and is using them in an atempt to get back at a world that made him feel so miserable.

Edit: You can say "ar**" but not "a**"? I don't get it. Isn't the former an uglier word? I know it sounds uglier. And the one with two "S's" means donkey, I reckon. Not sure, though. I'm not fully fluent in English, I'll have to admit. Just editing to replace all the "ar**" for "butt", because I don't like the word "ar**" (which is why I'm censoring it).

detourne_me

At first I was a little disappointed,  but I really like Venom being Mac Gargan now.. heh, i never thought of this before but...Scorpion Venom. if only the character had some poison in him, or poison based powers.
The "corrupting" nature of the symbiotes isn't strong enough I think.. it just turns poeplee into crazy killers.  I think it would be cool if infection to venom brought on a slow creep of psychosis - like it was originally planned.

lugaru

Quote from: detourne_me on March 25, 2010, 07:10:19 AM
At first I was a little disappointed,  but I really like Venom being Mac Gargan now.. heh, i never thought of this before but...Scorpion Venom. if only the character had some poison in him, or poison based powers.
The "corrupting" nature of the symbiotes isn't strong enough I think.. it just turns poeplee into crazy killers.  I think it would be cool if infection to venom brought on a slow creep of psychosis - like it was originally planned.

I wish I saw him using the suit to make a scorpion Tail more often... it is always a geek out moment for me.

And yeah, Brock was already unstable and Cleetus Kassady was already a serial killer. I think the problem with Gargan is that he was already weak so he has become into pure symbiote... In other words the main ego is the costume and Gargan himself exists mostly as a host and voice.