News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Troubles with skins

Started by Wonder_Latina, September 29, 2009, 02:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wonder_Latina

Hello everybody

My name is Romina and have troubles for make work someones skins downloaded from the Afghanant's website

I was talking with him way email and told me that his skins working with Freedom Force vs 3rd Reich, here all is ok

Him told me that I need unzip the files downloaded from his web and place the folder obtained in this path and like example him wrote it
C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force\Data\Art\CUSTOM_CHARACTERS\MALE_BASIC\SKINS\ , here all is ok except that I have not the folder "custom_character" in FF vs 3rd Reich --- here this my first conflict

In my FF vs. 3rd Reich I have it other C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\FFvTTR\Data\art\library\characters\ where inside I have all the folders of superheroes and villaines of the game

I did 2 tests

First test --- put the folder of my heroe (Cammy White) inside of the folder character, try to start the game and I can not see the Cammy?s mesh (the mesh is included in the folder)

Second test --- inside of character folder I did a folder with name custom_character and put the Cammy?s folder there inside and when I open the game have the same trouble, I can ot see to Cammy

My onther conflict is that FF vs 3rd reich use files .dds and the Cammy's files are tga. Afghanant told me what is the same the files tga work too with FF vs 3rd Reich

Ideas?, suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Romina

detourne_me

Hi Romina
I'll take these questions once at a time:

For Custom Characters:
Go to this folder
C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\FFvTTR\
And make a new folder called Custom
Then go into the custom folder and make new folders, first Art -> Library -> Characters
ok? Then put all of the custom character files you downloaded into this path
C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\FFvTTR\Custom\art\library\characters\
Ok?
Then in the game, if you create a new hero, you can select the mesh from the custom folder.

For TGA/DDS
The first game used .tga files for textures. In Freedom Force Vs. The Third Reich you have the option to use .tga files or .dds files for skins.
The only difference is that in FFVTTR the game reads .dds files better. 
Many of Afghan Ant's new skins are released in .dds format now.

Wonder_Latina

Awesome, it work

This Cammy is fantastic, Afghanant did a wonderful work with she, but the original Cammy's swinsuit allow see the Cammy's butt  :thumbdown:, very bad Afghanant,  :lol:

Thanks detourme_me

herodad1

where did you say this mesh is......?hah, just kidding! :lol:

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Wonder_Latina on September 29, 2009, 12:39:08 PM
Awesome, it work

This Cammy is fantastic, Afghanant did a wonderful work with she, but the original Cammy's swinsuit allow see the Cammy's butt  :thumbdown:, very bad Afghanant,  :lol:

Thanks detourme_me

I'm not sure what skin you are using but mine does show her butt. See:

Are you using my old Cammy skin from my yahoo group?

Spoiler