News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

I can't stop!

Started by Uncle Yuan, September 27, 2009, 04:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Yuan

I recently reactivated my account after about a year, updated my game and started playing.  My first few log ins went fine - long logs in and out, but essentially no problem.  The last 3-4 times though, I can NOT log out.  I quit, either to desktop or log in and nothing happens.  It's as if the key click doesn't register.  I can put away the quit dialog box and go back to playing as if nothing happened.  Today I could not quit from a team.  I am resorting to using the task manager to stop the game, but even that is wonky and won't work without multiple tries.  This last time I just had to shut down my computer entirely.

This is happening on both blue and red sides and so far now with three different characters.

Any thoughts?
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."

Stopman

Did you try the line command /quit?

Maybe the devs are telling you to play more to make up for lost time?
"The new EAT is a Stalker/Controller mix!!"

BlueBard

Sounds like a feature to me ;)

I haven't fired up the game in a couple of weeks.  Any new patches introduced?
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Uncle Yuan

It seemed to be a problem with my comp getting really bogged down on background processes.  And I had not restarted my comp since downloading and installing all the patches I had missed out on over the break.  Restarting solved it about 85%, shutting down some of my background stuff (like the sidebar) has virtually eliminated it.
"But there's no use crying over every mistake
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun
For the people who are still alive."