White Block with irrational official generic hero meshes?

Started by c1cciuzzo, September 27, 2009, 04:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c1cciuzzo

Hello everyone,this is my first post,and hope I'm not doing it wrong.

I've menaged to install every type of meshes I found on the web,but seems I cant make the official "Generic Hero" meshes works.

Where I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: I'm playing with :ffvstr:

daglob

Big white block with an X on it usually means that the meshes are missing. Sometimes I ='ve gotten the white background and the black X laid over the mesh when a texture or two (or three or four) were missing.

You might also be sure they are converted. It never hurts...

House Quake

Actually there is absolutely no need to convert those meshes.  (and IIRC... you can't) The equivalent 'effect' meshes work 100% fine in replacement.  ie if its an early skin that says for male_basic... put it on male_basic_effects; female_longhair... put on female_longhair_effects; etc

Tomato

Quote from: House Quake on September 28, 2009, 12:33:58 AM
Actually there is absolutely no need to convert those meshes.  (and IIRC... you can't) The equivalent 'effect' meshes work 100% fine in replacement.  ie if its an early skin that says for male_basic... put it on male_basic_effects; female_longhair... put on female_longhair_effects; etc

That's true, but you'd need to add a few all-black tgas for them.

House Quake

Quote from: Tomato on September 28, 2009, 02:32:37 PM
Quote from: House Quake on September 28, 2009, 12:33:58 AM

That's true, but you'd need to add a few all-black tgas for them.
What he means is for the very older pure male_basicskins... they didn't have the following TGAs
****_refl.tga
****_glow.tga
****_lightmap. tga

Each skin 'may' need them added (depending on the meshes standard skin)... but the standard MUST have them. 

*note... the other skins on a mesh don't 'need' thier own IF the standard has them AND the standard's are only 'black'.   If the standard utilizes any of those TGAS... then additional skins need to make sure thiers are black or made for them specifically.... otherwise the details made on the standard's will show on the skins with none.

(I hope that makes sense)

c1cciuzzo

Thank you for your answers,they helped me a lot.But now I'm experiencing another kind of problem.Some meshes are only black and white shadow,what's the problem?

In Character Tool 2 are showed normaly.