Xbox 360 is a piece of junk. If you're on the fence about getting one, don't...

Started by TheMarvell, September 20, 2009, 05:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

I have owned a PS3 for well over 1 1/2 years now. I have had ZERO compatibility issues with PSone games. I have had very little issues with PStwo games. The only problems I have had have been graphical glitches, not unplayability. FYI I own the 80 gig version.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Xbox thread.

JeyNyce

Now I know how  TheMarvell feels.  My 360 died this morning.  At first Microsoft wanted $99 to get it fix (get another refurb) but after talking nicely to an agent and explaining to them that this is my 4th one, they drop the fees and will fix this one.  I'm kinda tempted to just go buy another one and be done with it.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

TheMarvell

Quote from: JeyNyce on October 17, 2009, 03:57:19 PM
Now I know how  TheMarvell feels.  My 360 died this morning.  At first Microsoft wanted $99 to get it fix (get another refurb) but after talking nicely to an agent and explaining to them that this is my 4th one, they drop the fees and will fix this one.  I'm kinda tempted to just go buy another one and be done with it.

what did yours die from? RROD? E74? Broken disc drive? an explosion?

JeyNyce

Courtnall6

Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

tommyboy

My 360 elite (purchased second hand) got the RROD, and I fixed it myself, after a bit of googling, and a trip to a hardware store and the equivalent of radio shack, for a small amount of money.
Now, I'm not saying anyone can do this, I fix stuff for a living, and I'm not saying every 360 can be fixed, because some broken stuff is just beyond repair.
It is a shame that they didnt design it better, because the failure rate is ridiculous for something of that price.

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

BWPS

I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Tortuga

Quote from: Courtnall6 on December 15, 2009, 05:10:30 AM
3 years and my Xbox 360 just went kablammo...RROD. :thumbdown:

Ouch.  Is it past the warranty date? (which is 3 years for RROD)  Good thing Arcade models are dirt cheap now and much more reliable.  Just transfer the HD over and you've got yourself a new 360 :)

marhawkman

Tortuga

My second Xbox RROD'ed last week.  Today I took it back to Costco (where I bought it at the end of December 2008) and they exchanged it.  Got me a 250 GB HD Modern Warfare 2 edition that's all black and real purty.  So there you go folks, if you're going to buy one, buy it at Costco.

JeyNyce

Quote from: Tortuga on January 03, 2010, 06:52:24 AM
My second Xbox RROD'ed last week.  Today I took it back to Costco (where I bought it at the end of December 2008) and they exchanged it.  Got me a 250 GB HD Modern Warfare 2 edition that's all black and real purty.  So there you go folks, if you're going to buy one, buy it at Costco.

I am sooooo jealous of you!  :thumbup:  Congrats on that.  Did it come with the transfer cable to move the data over?

Tortuga

It didn't, but I have a friend with a memory card that I can borrow.

TheMarvell

you're very lucky Tortuga. Lesson learned the hard way for me. Never buy a major purchase at Best Buy.

Courtnall6

My new Xbox 360 arrived in the mail yesterday. See you chaps online! :D

They also threw in a free Xbox Live Gold card too. Is that standard for returns?

Tortuga

Huzzah!  I saw you on last night but I was watching a video.  Have you picked up Red Dead Redemption yet?  We've got a fun little online group going a few nights a week; although I haven't been able to hook up with any other FRers yet.

Crackdown 2 is out in early July -- 4 player co-op in that one too, but I'll wait for the reviews on that one before buying it.

Courtnall6

I have RDR for PS3 Tort. I was planning to get it on the Xbox.... <_<:P. I may trade it in for the Xbox version...but I did already complete the main questline.

Crackdown 2 does looks cool...but I'm waiting for reviews too.

JeyNyce

Courtnall6

I wish :P. They just sent me a new 360 Elite. I haven't checked out much E3 stuff yet...is the new 360 the slim one?

JeyNyce