Heroes Season Four

Started by The Hitman, August 12, 2009, 03:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Podmark

Quote from: The Hitman on September 28, 2009, 08:43:18 PM
Just a heads up, looks like they've moved Heroes to 8:00, the place where TV shows go to die.

Actually that's Friday nights. I didn't know that 8pm was a problem too, though 9 is likely the sweet spot.

But CSI, House, Bones are all strong shows and they're on at 8.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

The Hitman

Right. And NBC backed our sometimes-lackluster, difficult to get into fresh Heroes against these shows. I may be pessimistic, but I don't think this move bodes well for ol' Heroes.

Podmark

Quote from: The Hitman on September 29, 2009, 02:51:06 AM
Right. And NBC backed our sometimes-lackluster, difficult to get into fresh Heroes against these shows. I may be pessimistic, but I don't think this move bodes well for ol' Heroes.

Well that is definitely true.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Trelau

I though i was anounced that it was the last season anyway? or am i wrong? anyway, if it wasn't official, that change kinda settles it, don't you think? i hope the writers were aware of the show's imminent death and kept hidden a sweet finale to conclude the show

Podmark

Quote from: Trelau on September 29, 2009, 10:34:08 AM
I though i was anounced that it was the last season anyway? or am i wrong? anyway, if it wasn't official, that change kinda settles it, don't you think? i hope the writers were aware of the show's imminent death and kept hidden a sweet finale to conclude the show

No a decision like that wouldn't be made until later this year.
I want to say I read somewhere the Kring said he is writing as if there will be another year, but I might be mixing that up with another show.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

catwhowalksbyhimself

Kring's plan was always for five years.

It's sad, though.  I remember in it's first season when Heroes beat 24.  Now we actually worry about it going against such strong shows.

But I'll enjoy it however long it lasts.  This season's fun so far.

On the other hand, NBC's performance has been such that a show does not really have to do all that well to get renewed.  About their only real success these days is America's Got Talent, which rumour has it, will be replacing yet another scripted show for next year.  I mean, Smallville's ratings are abysmal, but it stays going because all of CW's ratings are equally bad.

Incidentally Medium switched from NBC to CBS, got a much worse Friday time slot in place of its prime Monday slot, and immediately jumped up in ratings hugely, so that tells you something about shows on NBC.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

bredon7777

Heroes ratings are in the basement; the gossip sites I frequent have chatter that they may not even be allowed the full 18 episodes.  I strongly suspect that if Chuck does even a little better in the timeslot, next season we may get a fourth season of Chuck and not a fifth season of Heroes; and I'm ok with that.

Although, I admit the ..MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR spoiler below
Spoiler

cosmic reset button they're going for sounds cool.  As I understand it, Hiro will (FINALLY!) kill Sylar in the process of saving Charlie.

As for Krings plan- his plan was also to have a completely different cast every year.  I can't help but wonder if that might not have worked bettter.
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

Trelau

Quote from: bredon7777 on October 01, 2009, 01:53:23 PM
As for Krings plan- his plan was also to have a completely different cast every year.  I can't help but wonder if that might not have worked bettter.
hmmm...Heroes without Sylar? i just can't picture that. they tried the all "new cast" thing for season 2 and all the new characters were sent into oblivion, where they belonged (well ok, adam might have been cool if he had stayed/team up/confronted sylar but otherwise...)

bredon7777

Quote from: Trelau on October 01, 2009, 02:02:49 PM

hmmm...Heroes without Sylar? i just can't picture that.
Heh. Not only can I picture that, I've been begging for them to do just that since the end of Season 1.  Although, Sylar trapped in Matt's mind is kinda growing on me.
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

The Hitman

Spoiler

cosmic reset button they're going for sounds cool.  As I understand it, Hiro will (FINALLY!) kill Sylar in the process of saving Charlie.

May I ask where you read this?

bredon7777

Quote from: The Hitman on October 01, 2009, 02:23:07 PM
Spoiler

May I ask where you read this?

Spoilerfix.com, which sources it as E!Online, though their link takes you to the E!Online front page, and not the article in question.

thanoson

So, I've been enjoying Heroes so far. I do wonder what the Magneto guy is thinking in trying to turn Sylar into his old self. I mean, he would be like a starving man at a buffet table.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

House Quake

Quote from: thanoson on October 22, 2009, 03:53:08 PM
So, I've been enjoying Heroes so far. I do wonder what the Magneto guy is thinking in trying to turn Sylar into his old self. I mean, he would be like a starving man at a buffet table.
that was definitely my thought.

On the whole... this season is pretty good.  A vast improvement over the last.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Now that I see this year's numbers, I can understand that.  Down another 26 percent, making it even lower rated than the already canceled Trama.  This is too bad as this season is actually decent, but I guess a lot of folks have already given up on it.

thalaw2

Oooookkkkkaaaaayyyyy!  So now
Spoiler
Claire is...curious.  It seems a lot of TV shows are going this route recently.  Can't wait to see vampires and zombies.
革命不会被电视转播

BentonGrey

Yep, heard about that.  If the wife and I hadn't already sorta' gotten bored with Heroes, that would definitely by reason enough to turn it off.  Aside from any other concerns, it's just sorta' a tacky grab for attention and ratings.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

One which is failing miserably, I might add.  They've already canceled Trama and Heroes has even lower ratings this season.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well, that was actually a VERY good episode.  At least Hiro's part was.  Couldn't care less about the pointless HRG plot.  Whoever had that idea should have been shot.  This should have been a Hiro exclusive episode.

The Hitman

I have a feeling the HRG bit was there to retcon a love interest into the show for him. One "reverse Haitian" she'll be all over him again.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, but they've basically reconned away the "Family Man" that we grew to admire.  Not entirely sure, but still.

Plus, it was boring and had nothing to do with the current story.

Hiro's bit was awesome.  A lot more serious that Hiro's usual stuff, but very well done.

thalaw2

Episode 10 was good.  I really enjoyed it and I was thinking...this is one of the best episodes yet even overlooking some things...then
Spoiler
Peter didn't heal the cut on his mother's head.  Why!?!?!?!
革命不会被电视转播

Podmark

Quote from: thalaw2 on November 26, 2009, 01:35:38 PM
Episode 10 was good.  I really enjoyed it and I was thinking...this is one of the best episodes yet even overlooking some things...then
Spoiler
Peter didn't heal the cut on his mother's head.  Why!?!?!?!

Spoiler
Peter's current power is flight.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

thanoson

Spoiler
Weird, as his current power should be Sylars, as he did touch him and get his powers. Or does he only take the last power a person uses?
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

Podmark

Quote from: thanoson on November 26, 2009, 06:12:17 PM
Spoiler
Weird, as his current power should be Sylars, as he did touch him and get his powers. Or does he only take the last power a person uses?

Spoiler
Oh thats right Peter should technically have all of Sylars powers which includes flight. But Sylar doesn't have healing does he?
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

The Hitman

Quote from: Podmark on November 26, 2009, 06:54:22 PM
Spoiler
Oh thats right Peter should technically have all of Sylars powers which includes flight. But Sylar doesn't have healing does he?

Spoiler
Yes, he does. He got it from Claire about halfway through last season. He just put the top of her head back in place, and she healed around it.

Podmark

Quote from: The Hitman on November 26, 2009, 07:28:57 PM
Quote from: Podmark on November 26, 2009, 06:54:22 PM
Spoiler

Spoiler
Yes, he does. He got it from Claire about halfway through last season. He just put the top of her head back in place, and she healed around it.

Spoiler
Ah yes I always forget that Claire can heal others. But in my defense so do the writers.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
Claire can only heal others through injections of blood, a fact that was mentioned just a few episodes ago.

It was also established at the end of last season that Peter can only absorb one of Sylar's powers at a time, although he seems to be able to choose which one.  Last time he got shapeshifting, this time flight.

thalaw2

Spoiler
When did Peter drop being able to shoot colors....for healing?  It seemed that he had both powers at the same time.
革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

Spoiler
Nope, he definitely did not.  In fact, previous episode, while talking about his healing power to the deaf girl, she asked him if he could still see the colors and he replied that he didn't have that power anymore.