Anime Anyone?

Started by Mystik, August 09, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

Paranoia Agent was so awesome. And, of course Cowboy Bebop... I keep trying to watch animes people say are good and I am like, "Eh, I'd rather watch Cowboy Bebop."

Hey, did anybody mention FLCL? It is hilarious and beautiful. I loved it.
There's this hole in this kid's head that spits out robots. And the town has a huge iron in it. And a chick comes from space on a moped to mess up the kid's life, pretty much. And the eyebrows!

EDIT: Oh man, it was totally mentioned on the first page. Dang!
Also, I sort of always wished there was a Porco Rosso series.
Lupin III is a series, but I think I've only ever seen the movies.

laughing paradox

Cowboy Bebop, to me, is the finest form of anime. It's the Watchmen of anime, if you will.

With that said, I've seen plenty of anime that I've enjoyed. Only some of Dragonball Z, Ninja Scroll, Akira, I used to watch Sailor Moon before going to school in the morning, X was an interesting movie (haven't seen the series), Golgo 13. Afro Samurai was fantastic. I'm sure I'm missing many more.. I'm not a fan of the kid-oriented anime, though. (not NOW anyway)

I might check out Darker Than Black.. it seems interesting.

Tawodi Osdi

I did try Cowboy Bebop as recommended, and I loved it.  It shocked my how much actual storytelling is actually involved with the story.  Normally, when I think of anime, I think of people standing around yelling while surrounded by speed lines for no apparent reason, but this one was very, very good.

Kommando

Currently watching

Ano Natsu de Matteru from the makers of Onegai Teacher, a similar story and really well done so far.

Another a fairly disturbing horror themed anime.

Black★Rock Shooter The OVA was released last year. This is a short series based on a Miku Hatsune song of the same name (which is in the ED). Kana Hanazawa voices the lead so that makes it even more awesome.

Inu x Boku SS A cute anime that reminds me of a supernatural Kaichou wa Maid Sama. Much cuteness to be had, with Bishi goodness for the ladies. Kana Hanazawa also appears in this one. You will seriously laugh watching this, its a great comedy.

Mouretsu Pirates aka Bodacious Space Pirates - surprisingly well done and borders on Hard Sci-Fi. Yes, somehow this girl pirates in space show manages to add a high level of realism. Lots of laughs in this one as well, though I anticipate some drama.

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! After his sister dies, a man takes care of her three kids.

Shakugan no Shana III The last series. Very good modern fantasy series IMO.

Podmark

Another caught my eye when I was looking at a list of anime for this season. I may check that out one day.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

vamp

Speed Grapher - Really cool series and premise. Though I must say it is extremely inappropriate for children to watch. I can't go into detail cuz its a family friendly forum, but its a pretty good series. Animation tends to take away from it, though.

Tiger & Bunny - I am so thankful to the day Glitch Girl introduced me to Tiger & Bunny. If you haven't watched it, you should.

detourne_me

Nice lists everyone,  I don't watch that much, but of course I liked Cowboy Bebop, first season of Bleach and Paranoia Agent.
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it, except Mr. Hamrick,  Serial Experiments Lain was fantastic....  kind of like the Animatrix in a way.
Oh that Batman Anime collection was pretty hardcase too.

Another Mech series no one has mentioned, but is my all time favorite anime series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tengen_Toppa_Gurren_Lagann Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was just a short series, about 26 episodes filled with heart and ohhh, what's it called... Rage!  Like when a character rages his machine becomes wicked powerful.

kinda like this kid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxCrugJj_o

laughing paradox

Has anyone watched the X-men, Wolverine, Blade or Iron Man anime shows? I know they were airing on G4, but I always missed it. Were they any good? The X-men one seemed cool, from what little I've seen of it.

Podmark

Yeah I've seen the dubs of all the Marvel animes (Blade is still ongoing). They were okay. No major complaints.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

laughing paradox

I'll have to check it out. Any better than the others?

UnkoMan

Oh man. I forgot to mention Read or Die. Read or Die!!
A woman who mentally controls paper fighting the evil clones of famous people. It's awesome.

Also, I just watched Tekkonkinkreet, and I thought it was great. Excellent animation.

Kommando

Quote from: laughing paradox on February 23, 2012, 03:24:57 AM
Has anyone watched the X-men, Wolverine, Blade or Iron Man anime shows? I know they were airing on G4, but I always missed it. Were they any good? The X-men one seemed cool, from what little I've seen of it.

I tried watching Iron Man as a sub and dropped it. I enjoyed the sub of Wolverine (so much of it takes place in Japan and Logan is never voiced by a Canadian anyways), then I tried the dub of Iron Man and was reminded why I don't watch dubs. I might give X-men a try at some point but as I recall it all paled to Index and Railgun for when I wanted my superhero fix so I just forgot about it.

Kommando

This season my watch list consists of Accel World, Acchi Kochi, Haiyore Nyarko-san!, Hiiro no Kakera, Hyouka, Medaka Box, Mouretsu Pirates (continuing from winter), Natsuiro Kiseki, Nazo no Kanojo X, Tasogara Otome x Amnesia, Tsuritama and Uchuu Kyoudai. Add to that Poyopoyo, Recorder and Randsell and Yurumate3Dei (all have very short length episodes) and Ozma which only had 6 episodes and that's a lot to watch. I'm not even counting OVAs. So much good stuff this season, and summer looks promising too.