Original Alternate Reality Characters

Started by AfghanAnt, June 18, 2009, 08:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

So hey. I've been batting around some sort of silly ideas for alternate reality Marvel characters I want to skin. Both are originals (sort of) and it would be interesting to skin something new but grounded in something old (sort of inspired by the Skinning Challenge entries). I picked Wiccan and Hulkling to try this idea out on because I like them.

One would be kid Space Phantom sort of character who essentially would be Red Hulkling (They are shapeshifters and reddish).

The second would be Dredmund Druid's young'n.

Should I even bother with this? Do people even like alternate universe originals?

lugaru

Love originals within another universe... at one point I was designing my own X-Team (it was to be a University in Boston, so all the members are college age and earning degrees) and if I got back into skinning I would love to do a bunch of Amalgam Remix characters I had thought of:

A Superman/Thor hybrid sent to earth to be raised by humans after his world is destroyed during Ragnarock.

A Spiderman/Martian manhunter hybrid called Spider From Mars. A young teen is bit by a strange alien being that shortly expires, but it gives him aracnid, shape shifting and psychic powers that have a cool "venom" component to them.

Devil Bat: after losing his sight he uses his fathers fortunes to design a bat inspired radar helmet that allows him to see. The Devil Bat is both fearless and fearsome, busting criminals heads and then sending them to jail as the DA of New Gotham.

Courtnall6

I was kicking around a "What if" a few years ago.

What if...Steve Rogers became The Punisher? :P

I later changed it to Steve Rogers: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D/HYDRA
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

The Hitman

Quote from: lugaru on June 18, 2009, 08:48:25 PM
A spider-man/Martian manhunter hybrid called Spider From Mars. A young teen is bit by a strange alien being that shortly expires, but it gives him aracnid, shape shifting and psychic powers that have a cool "venom" component to them.

Would he have an androginous sidekick named Ziggy Stardust?

But seriously, yeah, I'd like to see this stuff AA.

herodad1

President Raygun

Quote from: The Hitman on June 18, 2009, 09:24:22 PM
Quote from: lugaru on June 18, 2009, 08:48:25 PM
A spider-man/Martian manhunter hybrid called Spider From Mars. A young teen is bit by a strange alien being that shortly expires, but it gives him aracnid, shape shifting and psychic powers that have a cool "venom" component to them.

Would he have an androginous sidekick named Ziggy Stardust?

But seriously, yeah, I'd like to see this stuff AA.

Hitman, you took it all too far

Gremlin

I love these ideas. DO THEM NOW. kthxbai

lugaru

Got a copy of the super thor, which I had seen floating around. Now if only somebody can make Lex Loki I'll be really happy.

A few other Amalgam Remix characters:

Iron Woman: Diana Stark was only an amazonian in name, barely with little blood relation to the warriors of the island. As a nerdy little girl she was sent to the united states to be educated, and focused her skills on learning advanced robotics and finance. Allowed to choose her own weapon, she defeated an Amazon in a duel using high tech and was accepted as a full fledged member. Now she combats crime in a suit of cybernetically enhanced mystical amazonian armor and flies through the air with angel wings made of pure energy. While she is still an outsider amongst amazonians, they have learned to respect her intellect and fierce fighting instincts, enhanced by targeting computers of course.

American Eagle After a scrawny recruit is given a super soldier serum desgined by an egiptian scientist who worked with DNA found in an ancient crypt, he finds that he is now a perfect winged warrior. Armed with an indestructible shield and a variety of melee weapons, this warrior has not been defeated since WW2.

Also: Atomic Ant, Black Wasp (with sonic stings) and Panther-Man, the olympic boxer from Wakanda that also happens to be the king.

AfghanAnt

Ok cool. I did some sketches last night of what the Druid would look like and while I was researching Marvel alien races, I realized he should probably be a Dire Wraith (magical red skrulls). It made so much sense because and there Limbo background could easily be pulled into Druid's mystic nature. Like Druid summoned him thinking he was a demon but he'd really be half-dire wraith/ half-xandar (to play on the whole skrull/kree thing).

The Hitman

If you're using Dire Wraiths, you'd want to include R.O.M. into the mythos. Trust me. Dire Wraiths were created to be antagonists for this guy.

... What? I really like R.O.M.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: The Hitman on June 19, 2009, 05:24:22 PM
If you're using Dire Wraiths, you'd want to include R.O.M. into the mythos. Trust me. Dire Wraiths were created to be antagonists for this guy.

... What? I really like R.O.M.

There could be a ROM 2.0 as a Vision 2.0 analogue. So who knows...maybe I'll do my own Alternate Young Avengers (it's not that I don't like the Dark Young Avengers...I just don't think they are as awesome as they could with the exception of Egghead...maybe I'll just steal him for my group).

Oh and I think the Red Hulkling guy should be half Inhuman or Half Eternal (since Dire Wraiths are Skrull/Deviant descendant).

It is weird but I'm really excited about this project. Maybe I should rename this thread.

Druid
Red Hulkling/Wraithling/Hybrid
R.O.M./Phalanx

lugaru

ROM 2.0 sounds awesome, I never read rom but I have heard a lot of hardcore comics fans speak fondly of the series.

Let me see if I can add to it:

Statuesque: a towering african american teen, daughter of Bill Foster aka Black Goliath. She recently lost her father during Civil War and therefore she holds a major grudge against Tony Stark.

Hex-eye Everyone else has alternate dimension kids, why not Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch? Thrown into this dimension after his powers malfunction, he joins the new avengers with his reality altering energy arrows.

I could do something for Patriot but I dont want to hog all the heroes.

The Hitman

Not to keep going back to ROM, but just so you know, he's an alien guy in a suit who had his emotions (supposedly) removed. A suit that could never be removerd, mind you, but a suit nonetheless.

herodad1

ROM was a cool series.he was a cyborg wasnt he?i know that after the war he was suppose to re-gain his humanity.they did a 5 part series couple years back.the next generation of space knights who wore armor.it was also a good series.come to think of it...rom was theyre king/leader and was human.the original spaceknights would be cool meshes/skins to do.

AfghanAnt

It looks like ROM is a fan favorite. Maybe I'll do a little research and stop by my local comic shop to see if there are any old issue laying around.

I really love the "Statuesque" idea but for the Hawkeye and Patriot analogues I want to go with more obscure. I thought about a teen Julia Winters as the Patriot and I'm leaning toward a Trickshot apprentice or Dead-Throws All-in-one character (since Kate is Hawkeye, Mockingbird, and Swordsman analogues in one). Oh and Rush or Momentum. I don't know. I am thinking him being able to slow the world down (is that what Prof Zoom does?).

Ultimately I want them to be able to fit into 616. Maybe I should call them retro-active originals.

Blkcasanova247

This is a great idea AA...you know where I stand on redesigns of existing characters.....love it...love it...love it. I've done mostly DC redesigns which is weird because I always thought of myself as more of a Marvel guy....go figure. A new version of ROM would be really cool....I've also always thought about new versions of some of Marvels "Elders of the Universe" like Champion, Grandmaster, Collector, Gardener or Runner and also the abstracts like Eternity and Death.
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

AfghanAnt

Is there an evil ROM? If not it seems hard to put a good guy in league with the likes of the characters I'm choosing.

The more I work on these guys, the more they seem like an alternate Young Masters of Evil.

glsix

There was an evil "ROM" who was in reality another space knight called Terminator.
He was driven insane as, contrary to other space knight, his human body was totaly destroyed during the war with the dire wraith an so he couldn't be restored when that war ended.

murs47

Re-designs of existing characters is far from silly. It's been the most satisfying thing I've done with FF so far. Everyone should do it! ^_^

daglob

Quote from: lugaru on June 19, 2009, 04:19:51 PM
Got a copy of the super thor, which I had seen floating around. Now if only somebody can make Lex Loki I'll be really happy.

A few other Amalgam Remix characters:

Iron Woman: Diana Stark was only an amazonian in name, barely with little blood relation to the warriors of the island. As a nerdy little girl she was sent to the united states to be educated, and focused her skills on learning advanced robotics and finance. Allowed to choose her own weapon, she defeated an Amazon in a duel using high tech and was accepted as a full fledged member. Now she combats crime in a suit of cybernetically enhanced mystical amazonian armor and flies through the air with angel wings made of pure energy. While she is still an outsider amongst amazonians, they have learned to respect her intellect and fierce fighting instincts, enhanced by targeting computers of course.

American Eagle After a scrawny recruit is given a super soldier serum desgined by an egiptian scientist who worked with DNA found in an ancient crypt, he finds that he is now a perfect winged warrior. Armed with an indestructible shield and a variety of melee weapons, this warrior has not been defeated since WW2.

Also: Atomic Ant, Black Wasp (with sonic stings) and Panther-Man, the olympic boxer from Wakanda that also happens to be the king.

Is that Super-Thor the one with the blue skin?

Y'know, Tom Versatile Female meshes have all the pieces-parts to make female coutnerparts of just about every male super-being that Tommy has done. Check out my Iron Avengers Wasp in my skins thread.

marhawkman

I kinda think of Scooby doo as being part of DC. Thus a character that's Scooby themed! In this case, Nitiri is 3000 years old and worked for one of the pharoahs. She ended up getting sealed inside a tomb when one of the Pharoah's cheif advisors betrayed him. Obviously that wasn't quite enough to actually kill her.

Thunder

I came up with designs several years ago for some Amalgam characters.  Someone I was friendly with liked my designs and had two of them drawn by professional artists.  Thought I'd share them (Eagle is my favorite :) )

Sentry--Mar-Vell/ Superman Amalgam (drawn by Rudy and Edwin Nebres)

American Eagle--Capt. America/ Hawkman Amalgam (drawn by Paris Cullins)

marhawkman

Um, you do know the Marvel has characters with those names?

American Eagle = http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jason_Strongbow (Earth-616)

Sentry = http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Robert_Reynolds_(Earth-616)

Gremlin

I think he's had the Sentry one before Marvel's character of the same name was introduced.

marhawkman

hmm... The first appearance of Robert Reynolds was 2000.