Upcoming Dreamworks movies

Started by JeyNyce, May 28, 2009, 02:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

Tina Fey and Robert Downey Jr. among stars in new DreamWorks animation slate

May 28, 2009, 05:55 AM | by Adam Markovitz

Categories: Movie biz, Movies, News

DreamWorks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg will announce the studio's slate through 2012 today, says Variety. The line-up will include five original movies along with sequels in the blockbuster Shrek, Madagascar, and Kung Fu Panda series. All projects will be produced in 3-D.

The most high-profile newcomer is Oobermind (due November 2010), featuring the voices of Robert Downey Jr. and Tina Fey in a story about a supervillain who becomes bored with life after defeating his good-guy nemesis.

Other new titles with tentative dates include:
-The Viking fantasy How to Train Your Dragon (2010), featuring the voices of Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, America Ferrera and Johan Hill.
-Guardians (2011), based on an upcoming book series about a band of make-believe heroes -- including Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy --who unite to save the world.
-The caveman comedy The Croods (2012)
-Super Secret Ghost Project (2012), a supernatural story about what ghosts think of people.

The announcement also mentions four sequels:
-Shrek Forever After (2010)
-Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom (2011)
-Puss in Boots (2012), a prequel about the popular Shrek character.
-Madagascar 3 (2012), in which the animals go to Europe in a traveling circus.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

The Hitman

When I first read this, I thought it said "Super Space Ghost Project." I did a double take. That would be an awesome 3D movie.

steamteck

Not for us. I totally hate 3d and it gives my wife huge headaches.

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: steamteck on May 29, 2009, 02:26:04 AM
Not for us. I totally hate 3d and it gives my wife huge headaches.

I myself hate the scammy "surcharge" for the 3D movies. Im gouged enough. Im perfectly happy in 2D if it saves me $3 a ticket...

Silver Shocker

I've become wary and uninterested in most of the CGI movies that have been coming out the last few years, but some of those actually sound like I might like them. Cool stuff.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on May 29, 2009, 05:39:49 AMI myself hate the scammy "surcharge" for the 3D movies. Im gouged enough. Im perfectly happy in 2D if it saves me $3 a ticket...

Preach it, brother!  Testify to us about the evils of outlandish ticket prices!

(if you couldn't tell, I completely agree with you on this one)
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

herodad1

i'd love to see another INCREDIBLES movie.

BentonGrey

Quote from: herodad1 on May 29, 2009, 03:15:43 PM

The only thing that I'm REALLY interested in.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 29, 2009, 03:19:12 PM

C'mon Benton, Im sure there is SOMETHING else you are interested in.... How about bacon? Everyone loves bacon!

BWPS

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on May 29, 2009, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on May 29, 2009, 03:19:12 PM

C'mon Benton, Im sure there is SOMETHING else you are interested in.... How about bacon? Everyone loves bacon!
He did until they decided to make bacon all "edgy" with all that maple brown sugar flavoring and the spices and stuff. And don't even get him started on this newfangled "thick cut" crap  :thumbdown:
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quotei'd love to see another INCREDIBLES movie.

Right idea, wrong movie company.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

The Hitman

Toy Story 3

http://www.filmjunk.com/2009/05/29/toy-story-3-trailer/

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't pumped for this flick.