What if... Nathan Fillion was Green Lantern???

Started by RTTingle, May 25, 2009, 12:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTTingle

I love Castle, but couldn't picture him as Hal Jordan...

... this fan film certainly made me consider it.

RTT

Carravaggio

Holy crap, that's the best casting I've heard yet. I'd watch that. He looks the part, he sounds the part, its damn near perfect!

JeyNyce

I'm sold.  With him as GL you can have drama with a bit of comedy and pull it off nicely.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

TheMarvell

I'm not that familiar with GL, but that was by far one of the coolest, most well made fan trailers I've ever seen.

steamteck

Wow! I love the scene on Oa. the whole thing! I really wish they made some of the films  of the imaginary trailers.

GogglesPizanno

Frankly Im a fan of Nathan Fillion being cast in anything.
Why that guy isn't a bigger star is beyond me....

As an aside him as Steve Trevor in the recent Timm Wonder Woman movie was great (especially the drunk in the bar scene)

As a second aside... while the trailer was well done, Fan trailers really annoy me.

docdelorean88

This was one of the best fan trailers i have ever seen. Had i not seen Firefly(and know most of it from memory) i wouldn't have even been able to tell those were edited scenes. All of them were put together in a tasteful way as well. I particularly liked the editing of Silver Surfer into the pink green lantern. Also the FF2 scene with the stretchy invisible rock flame had worked better than it has in orther fan trailers. We need to write a letter to fox(or is it universal studios?). They have they're Hal Jordan...
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

BentonGrey

Wow....just plain wow.....why didn't I think of this before?  That is perfect casting, as good if not better than Edward Norton/Hulk and Robert Downey Jr./Iron Man.  We DO need to write letters...many, many letters.  I mean...Hal is cocky, daring, and bold...Nathan Fillion is PERFECT.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BWPS

I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

docdelorean88

In this day most people wouldn't care. I wouldn't. I think it might fit the character well.

BentonGrey

Hal could be a little older, and it would be alright.  Heck, Robert Downey Jr. is in his 40's, right?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Zippo

For me, Nathan Fillion is just... eugh.... I can't take him seriously at all.

docdelorean88

Thats why he should play Hal Jordan. He is just a funky dude. Classic, but funky.

BWPS

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 26, 2009, 01:38:20 AM
Hal could be a little older, and it would be alright.  Heck, Robert Downey Jr. is in his 40's, right?
Was the script I read not the script they're using?
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

MJB

GrizzlyBearTalon

Really nice, whoever made that should be proud. Gotta say I'd totally be down with that casting.