What B or C list character would you make into a movie?

Started by lugaru, May 20, 2009, 04:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marhawkman

I'd like to see one about Magneto and his Acolytes. Maybe showing how they "Liberated" Genosha?

The Troll

I think a Mojo movie would be great. Especially if the movie was Mojo was filming the Mojo movie...kind of like that seen in Spaceballs where they are watching a copy of Spaceballs.
Helmet -"When will then be now?"
Sanders -"Soon."

docdelorean88

Quote from: lugaru on May 21, 2009, 02:41:39 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on May 21, 2009, 02:22:16 PM
Quote from: BWPS on May 21, 2009, 06:39:14 AM
Quote from: BentonGrey on May 21, 2009, 03:55:28 AM
I'd actually REALLY love a JSA flick set in the 1940's.
Wow, I got bored reading that sentence. Modern/good JSA would be for real awesome. Hour-Man and Mr. T and Jay Garrick and Hawkman and co. are good characters.

Bum! You could cure insomnia! :P  Seriously though, I like modern JSA alright, but classic would be a lot of fun in the 1940's setting.  I like period films, and WWII films especially.

Especially after watching that great intro sequence in Watchmen... seriosly I would love to see some WW2 superhero action.
Lu, youever seen Band of Brothers? Not super heroes but one hilarious and accurate WWII(I think) tv show that was on HBO. Look it up, its good.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

BentonGrey

Really good show, but the tone of the Watchmen's early part really seemed "right" for a 40's superhero romp.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Thunder

I'd love to see a Hwkman film.  Using Geoff Johns' version of Nth metal and Khufu.

I'd also like to see a moon knight movie,  hmm...another hero with Egyptian origins.

Ernest Worthing

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on May 20, 2009, 08:22:54 PM
Quote.or Howard the Duck--but that one will never see the light of the silver screen...

cough

:unsure:

*cough*--Irony Alert!--*cough*

:P

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yes, but this is the internets, where one cannot hear irony.  Words are taken at face value, unless you make it very clear that they aren't to be.  That's what smilies are partly for.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Thunder on May 22, 2009, 08:51:50 PM
I'd love to see a Hwkman film.  Using Geoff Johns' version of Nth metal and Khufu.

I'd also like to see a moon knight movie,  hmm...another hero with Egyptian origins.

You know, I would really love to see a JLU tone 'toon of the classic Hawkman.  I LOVE the original stories, and the Katar and wife are two of my favorite characters (which might explain how they ended up with a campaign in the DCUG).  Still, I just can't imagine them working well on the big screen.  I'd love to be proven wrong, though.  On the same note, you know what WOULD make a great movie/show?  The Atom!  Especially if they brought in some of the more crazy and distinct elements from the newest run.  I'd want it to be good 'ol Ray, though.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Gremlin

Yes! Except it'd be hard to have him be a credible superhero...seriously, his powers are more useless in a combat situation than Aquaman's.  :P

BentonGrey

Super strength, speed, and endurance are useless?  Well, the challenge would be portraying his villains well.  He doesn't have too many good ones.  I think Atom could be a great hero, just not the same kind as Superman or Batman.  Instead of punching out every villain he'd have to use his head, although in my favorite portrayal of his powers, he could draw on extra mass to have minor super strength (able to punch through brick walls).
God Bless

Gremlin

I am joking, Benton. Haha. I do like Aquaman, although I do really like him as primarily a kind of underwater Conan the Barbarian. Atom'd be good for solving problems via unconventional methods, to be sure, but that'd be the cool thing about a series starring him. The writers would have to work really hard to figure out how he could be a good hero but that'd make it all the more awesome.