News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

character question

Started by herodad1, May 14, 2009, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herodad1

the spectre and now cas. has made the hangman.someone said these were omnipotent characters.not knowing much about either one, how can they be used in FF?what powers would they use in game?

daglob

That's the question I'm sure every writer of The Specter asked when he was assigned the character. Back in the '60s, they started making him "easy" to write by handicapping him every issue, then he was bound to some kind of a 'book of fate". The only two good things about that story were that it was (mercifully) the last issue, and it had Berni Wrightson art.

I always thought that the best way to do the Specter is have him be a reflection of the treat he faces. Basically, he has all the power he needs, he just has to figure out how to use it. Then don't give him opposition that can be defeated by something as simple as smashing a planet on its head.

So, what I've just said is totally useless: I have no idea how to use such character in game. I have a couple in my Champions campaign for deux ex machine reasons , but the players usally leave them alone (although one was consulted a couple of game back in a totally logical and useful way).

Then again, you could substitute Spec for Superman-basically make them equally as powerful.

DrMike2000

Without FFX:
Massive damage Direct attack
Huge area stasis for time-stopping
Stone material type and huge endurance
Exile direct attack

FFX:
Growth (using Shapeshifter to turn into a giant version)
Transmutation of enemies into statues
Weather Control?
That Environment Control (?) thing I wrote that causes it to rain burning black basketballs for an apocalyptic effect
Dispersed Form - just reforms if you defeat them

Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com