News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skoping out pieces in animations?

Started by Tomato, May 11, 2009, 10:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomato

Ok, I'm working on my skope for Figure Fan, and I'm trying to move over the active_defense animation from Syn's Morph mesh (the wall one) and to a point, I got it working... it'll work fine, but only after running the active defense animation. Until that point, the wall just sits there through all the animations.

If nothing else, I know a way around it (I can shrink the size in the nif, then adjust the scaling in the active_defense animation) but I'm curious if anyone knows a way to properly add a controller to an existing animation.

White Knight

If I understand you correctly, what you are asking for is possible.  However, you are probably better off by shrinking the piece as you suggested.  If you want to try it anyway, PM me and I'll do what I can to help.

detourne_me

hmm,  you're using Tommy's Mister Fantastic for a base?
Heres an "out there" idea.
What about taking an animation that already swaps meshes(or shrinks and grows a mesh part) and replace the existing part with the wall.
For example I wonder if the flying animation where he goes all flat like a kite would work,  since its a stationary pose. And the keyframes already tell it to shrink the basic form and grow this one.

I think it's how, correct me if i'm wrong, AA and JP got the impossible man to become a rocket.