News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

EZScript Questions

Started by Torch, April 22, 2009, 03:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

1)  Scenario:  First mission there are 6 heroes to choose from and the player chooses 4.  Is there a way to make those the only heroes available to the player for the rest of the campaign?  If so, how would EZScript 'remember' which four the player initially recruited?

Torch

2)  How do you make the player choose in EZScript?  Can you please present a simple example, like choose a number 5 or 10.  Or even something more complex if you like.  I've seen it done in Prev's Trio mod, but that is not EZScript based.

catwhowalksbyhimself

I know both can be done in Python, but I'm not sure about EZScript.  I shouldn't be too hard to add both functionalities, but I'm not familiar enough with the system to do it myself.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Previsionary

I'm pretty sure Ezscript has a "simple choice" function. I know I saw m25 (and/or Benton) bring it up on the forums in the past. Though, you could also do partial coding in python as I did do a coding tip on "choices" on FRP2.

Example 1: CLICK
Example 2: CLICK
Disappear when you least expe--

Torch

Thanks guys.  And the examples really help, Prev!  :thumbup:

Torch

3)  Is there a way to change the description of items when you 'mouse over' them in game (like a character or object) using EZScript?  Or would this need to be done in Python?

GogglesPizanno

Those descriptions are actually compiled into the strings.dat file.
If this was for a mod, you would need to edit the language text files in the mod directory, change the descriptions and what not to whatever you wanted it to be and then recompile the dats using FFEdit.

Torch

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on April 24, 2009, 10:27:06 PM
Those descriptions are actually compiled into the strings.dat file.
If this was for a mod, you would need to edit the language text files in the mod directory, change the descriptions and what not to whatever you wanted it to be and then recompile the dats using FFEdit.
Thanks GP.  Works like a charm.

4)  For custom encounters there are Disasters and one is called 'sandstorm'.  I can get the other disasters to have an effect (like thunderstorm, fire, etc.), but sandstorm doesn't appear to do anything.  Does this work for other people?

M25

I'll check into sandstorm.

Torch

Quote from: M25 on April 26, 2009, 04:33:18 PM
I'll check into sandstorm.
Thanks M.  BTW, any idea on Question #1 (earlier in thread)?

5)  For Custom Encounters there is an 'Allies Cower' action, but how do you make them 'Un-cower' after the villains are defeated?

M25

1)  No, I can't think of an easy way to do a choose 4 out of 6 and make them required characters.  It would require a custom action/encounter.

5) Allies Cower is intended to be used with Heroes Rescue Allies.  When rescued, the allies will 'un-cower.'

Torch

Quote from: M25 on April 28, 2009, 04:20:34 PM
1)  No, I can't think of an easy way to do a choose 4 out of 6 and make them required characters.  It would require a custom action/encounter.

5) Allies Cower is intended to be used with Heroes Rescue Allies.  When rescued, the allies will 'un-cower.'
Thanks.