News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

XPTO skins - Black Lantern...

Started by XPTO, April 17, 2009, 08:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XPTO

Hey all, thought i´d start a topic on my skins so here it is  :P.
I don´t have much time to skin but i´ll try and finish many of the characters i´ve started  ;).
Here are my first skins:

Spoiler
Captain Atlas

Genis-Vell

Ultimus

Here are two more that i´m still finishing, they are not much but i hope you guys like them.

Spoiler
Nebulon

Nitro

USAgent

That Nebulon looks fantastic XPTO, great job on all of these.

The Hitman

These all look pretty good! I'd put a little shadow 9not much, though!) on the foreheads of the ones using hair pieces (Ultimus, Nebulon, and Nitro), it'll make it look more realistic. Great job!

billdamn22

Blkcasanova247

Good work on your first skins. I have have a couple of critiques about Cpt Atlas. It kinda looks like it's sitting on his teeth rather than his top lip...maybe it's just the image. And the mullet...where the heck is his mullet? ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

blobula

Pretty darn good for some first skins. Can't wait to see more. :)
Sorry for my bad english, I`m still learning.

Cyber Burn

really nice for first skins. hope to see more!

XPTO

Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote from: The Hitman on April 17, 2009, 09:05:21 PM
These all look pretty good! I'd put a little shadow 9not much, though!) on the foreheads of the ones using hair pieces (Ultimus, Nebulon, and Nitro), it'll make it look more realistic. Great job!
I agree although since the hair is not part of the mesh it may be difficult to align not to mention if the hair bobs out of place lol, but damn you´re right  :banghead:.

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on April 17, 2009, 09:57:20 PM
Good work on your first skins. I have have a couple of critiques about Cpt Atlas. It kinda looks like it's sitting on his teeth rather than his top lip...maybe it's just the image. And the mullet...where the heck is his mullet? ;)
The moustache might be deceiving because it drops a bit of shadow so only more closely you will see its just above the upper lip :D, and mullet? i don´t know the term sorry is it hair on the back head you are speaking of? i saw no hair of the back of his head on my reference pics though.

AfghanAnt

Really good job on these, especially being your first skins.

Podmark

Cool stuff, I love the Genis!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Lunarman

Very nice, a classic skinning style you've got there :)

XPTO

Thanks for all the comments guys  :D.

Now i need some advice on another character, what i want is to add the metal pieces in nifscope for this guy because i don´t like the ones skinned althouhg they are just place holders for test. Does anyone have any idea where can i find some parts to skope those from?   <_<

Skin of course is still not finished  :thumbdown:

Spoiler

Podmark

Wooo that is one nifty Bastion. POD loves Bastion.
Face is nifty.

As for the triangles you should be able to hunt something down, but nothing comes immediately to mind. Check Tommy's site. That's the first place I look when I need a piece.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

Fantastic work on Bastion XPTO!
can't wait to see the release.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Podmark on April 24, 2009, 02:55:50 AM
Wooo that is one nifty Bastion. POD loves Bastion.
Face is nifty.

As for the triangles you should be able to hunt something down, but nothing comes immediately to mind. Check Tommy's site. That's the first place I look when I need a piece.

That's always my first place to look too.

If you don't mind me asking, is the face from a base skin, of did you do it yourself? It looks great either way.

laughing paradox

I can't believe you're still a 'newbie' to skinning.. that Bastion is incredible. The face is incredible. Even the vein work on the costume.. very impressive, XPTO. Looking forward to your future work.

I'll mimic Podmark's suggestion in looking through Tommyboy's versatile mesh. He has many pieces that could very close.. then you could always alpha out parts of it, to make it as exact as you want it.

May I make a suggestion with Bastion? Give him highlights in the groin area. It'll make the skin look more complete.

miguelyanke

OHH!! MY GOD!!! HE LOOKS WONDERFUL!

AfghanAnt

Did you use the PS plastic filter for the veiny look? also that face is phenomenal.

XPTO

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 24, 2009, 11:57:09 AM

If you don't mind me asking, is the face from a base skin, of did you do it yourself? It looks great either way.

I always use a C6 base and then work it from there, its all my work yes  :).

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 24, 2009, 11:59:33 AM
I can't believe you're still a 'newbie' to skinning.. that Bastion is incredible. The face is incredible. Even the vein work on the costume.. very impressive, XPTO. Looking forward to your future work.

I'll mimic Podmark's suggestion in looking through Tommyboy's versatile mesh. He has many pieces that could very close.. then you could always alpha out parts of it, to make it as exact as you want it.

May I make a suggestion with Bastion? Give him highlights in the groin area. It'll make the skin look more complete.
Thank you LP, thanks for the suggestion too but he is still very raw  :lol:, I´ll work on it a bit more for sure.
Quote from: AfghanAnt on April 24, 2009, 05:28:42 PM
Did you use the PS plastic filter for the veiny look? also that face is phenomenal.
Yes i did use the filter and worked the skin after a bit, good eyes. :cool:

As for the bits i´m looking, well i´m at work right now so i had no time to check them out but something will come up i´m sure.
Thank you all for the comments, back to work  :P.

daglob

I've gotten some crazy metallic effects by inverting the reflection file, solarizing it, and running the plastic wrap filter. Not necessarily all on the same one, or in that order. If you invert the "normal" file, desaturate, Black out things yo don't want shiny (or put everything on its own layer), then drop a color layer above you can get some interesting "Kirby-esque" reflections. There is also a reflections package with various lightmaps that are useful.

Outcast

Hey XPTO! Nice to see you back and with lots of new skins. You've been busy. Love the new skins. Nice work on Nitro. He was one of my favorite villains. And i gotta agree with the people here, that face of Bastion looks superb! The detail work you've put on it makes it truly unique!  :thumbup:

Oh and congratulations on your new skin website too! Too cool.  :cool:

UnkoMan

Wow, you got the plastic filter to look good? Good job. I love the face and really like that you are developing a unique style here. The only thing throwing me is the yellow pieces, which seem a bit under detailed. Try using more tonal variation and/or overlaying some sort of subtle texture element.

But great work, overall.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: XPTO on April 24, 2009, 07:05:23 PM
Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 24, 2009, 11:57:09 AM

I always use a C6 base and then work it from there, its all my work yes  :).

Really impressive.

murs47

Bastion's face work is sweet!

XPTO

Thank you all for the comments, Bastion face was my first almost total rework of a face glad you liked him  :).

Here´s another wip almost done, i really don´t know if this guy should have an helmet or just like i made him, what do you guys think?

Spoiler
Blue Marvel:

Cyber Burn

very smooooth, nice colors too. :thumbup:

jtharris86

XPTO

Thanks guys  :thumbup:.

Now time for two releases, hope you like them  :lol:.

Spoiler
Nitro

Nebulon

Xenolith

Really nice job!  I'm a big fan? of both villains! 

Ash4fire

WOW i LOVE THEM !!!!!  :panice