Super Booster II: Magic Pack Details...

Started by RTTingle, April 11, 2009, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTTingle

Courtesy of Ex Libris...

Subject: Super Booster II: Magic Details!

QuoteHey All,
We know there is a lot of curiosity regarding Super Booster II, so we felt it was time to let out some of the details!

We are excited to announce that Super Booster II: Magic will be releasing on April 14th 2009. Super Booster II: will cost $9.99 and be available through the PlayNC Store or as an in-game bonus item with the purchase of City of Heroes: Architect Edition.

City of Heroes Super Booster II: Magic includes an extensive magic themed costume set, four character 'costume change emotes,' and a Mystic Fortune power. This purchase enables these features for all characters on the game account from level one, however the costume change emotes* require unlocking at least one additional costume slot.

* Magic Themed Costume Set:
      The Magic themed female costume parts include hats, chest, pants, gloves, boots, and magic robe pieces. The Magic themed male and huge costume parts include hats, hood, skull mask, wizard beard, high collar cape mantle, boots, jackets and more. Describing how cool these costume pieces are doesn't do them justice, so on to the screenshots!

* Mystic Fortune Power:

Ever wanted to have your fortune read in game? With the Mystic Fortune power players will be able to offer to read each other's fortunes. Having your fortune read gives a power buff based on the Major Arcana of the Tarot, and can give a positive or negative effect on that character for the next 20 minutes.

* Costume Change Emotes:

Characters with multiple costume slots unlocked will also have an exciting new way of customizing their characters; costume change emotes! Super Booster II: Magic includes 4 costume change emotes these emotes activate when characters switch their costumes, and are selectable in the costume change interface.

*By default characters only have one costume slot, and must unlock additional costume slots through activities in the game. This can be accomplished by completing costume slot missions at levels 20, 30, and 40; or by using Halloween Event salvage (which can also be bought, sold or traded via the in-game Consignment Houses).

Lotsa' cool goodies.   :thumbup:  More of a reason for me to pick up the box off store shelves.

NeoDarke

I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?

Carravaggio

Figure Fan

Whoaaaa..

How long are these packs usually available? I'm planning on playing again in May, so I was hoping to buy this around then, too.

Reepicheep

endlessly, as I understand it.

That said, I've not noticed the earlier boosters on the online store last I was there.

Edit: Got it, love it, am currently dancing in it.

Tarot turned out better than I expected, it kinda works. Still doesn't hold a stick up to the previous bonus powers, though.

Was a lot of effort with the store as well. Rather messy.

RTTingle

The store page has been updated with videos of the new mystic fortune temp power and of all 4 costume change emotes.  Spiffy stuff indeed!

RTT

B A D

Bought it this morning. Hell, for ten bucks, its worth it.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

Tortuga

I picked up the Architect Edition for $25 (CAN).  It includes one month of play (usually $18 CAN) and a choice between the Cyborg or Magic booster (probably $12 CAN).  I might pick up a second copy of the AE to get the other booster.  :D

Courtnall6

Been trying to buy the Magic booster pack for the last 2 days...no luck so far. <_<
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Reepicheep

Quote from: Courtnall6 on April 16, 2009, 02:03:08 AM
Been trying to buy the Magic booster pack for the last 2 days...no luck so far. <_<

You've probably bought it 8 times already without knowing, as seems to be the case with most people.

it is possible to bind these with chat, or something else, have tried anything other than tho.

IE /macro CC "cce # cclightning $$ local SHAMWOW!"

http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Emotes#Costume_Change_Emotes

The following emotes are all unlocked by purchasing Super Booster II: Magic, and will change a character's costume in a flash, amongst other effects. As with the costume change slash command, replace "#" with the numerical value of the costume slot to be changed to, from 0-4.

cce # cccast: Thrusts out one arm like you are performing a magic trick, followed by a flash of light.
cce # ccspin: Winds up and spins around, creating a small tornado, followed by a flash of light.
cce # cclightning: Reaches one arm up, and is struck by lightning from above.
cce # ccprestochango: Reaches both arms up, and you are surrounded by a cloud of smoke.

Note: These emotes will not work while flying, although the costume change will still execute after the animation time for the emote is up.

EDIT
emotes:
# CardTrick
#  MagicCards
#  Juggle
# JuggleBalls
# JuggleElectricity
# JuggleFire
# JuggleMagic

Courtnall6

Quote from: Reepicheep on April 16, 2009, 08:34:35 AM
Quote from: Courtnall6 on April 16, 2009, 02:03:08 AM

You've probably bought it 8 times already without knowing, as seems to be the case with most people.

Hmmm...looks like it was just 4 times without knowing :angry:. I just sent an e-mail to support. <_<

I just got this from tech support about double ordering.

QuoteHi,

We have reviewed your account issue and are processing a refund for the additional purchase on your account. The additional charge has been credited back to your account, and this may not appear until your next billing statement. We apologize for any inconvenience this billing issue has caused you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
John
NCsoft Account Support

Courtnall6

Quote from: 77 on April 17, 2009, 01:41:23 AM
I just got this from tech support about double ordering.

QuoteHi,

We have reviewed your account issue and are processing a refund for the additional purchase on your account. The additional charge has been credited back to your account, and this may not appear until your next billing statement. We apologize for any inconvenience this billing issue has caused you.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
John
NCsoft Account Support

Just got the same reply...so all is good now :cool:

NeoDarke

On one hand, I should do the same... But on the other, it's a pre-paid card I only use for the game anyway. So I don't care one way or the other.
I didn't do it!

What didn't I do?