News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Problems with the new 1.3 patch

Started by l0s3rm4n, March 16, 2009, 10:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l0s3rm4n

I was trying to play through the original Freedom Force again on vista and it wouldn't work. I then discovered that they had released a patch to fix this issue. So i started it up and game is all messed up. you start the first mission and you can't left click to walk anywhere unless it's to attack something. If you right click you can click the walk to option but he'll go in a big roundabout circle to get there and sometimes will walk through objects. You also cannot wield weapons if you try he will walk up to the lightpost or whatever and just freeze in place. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a way to fix it?

l0s3rm4n

sorry for the double post, but on fiddlng with it i changed the compatibility mode to xp service pack 2 instead of 98 which i had it set to previously. Now this fixed the control issues but one issue i forgot to mention was that the keyboard seems to not be registering in game. Like i can't skip cutscenes and i can't access the menu with the escape key, i have to alt f4 out of the game. At least it's playable but if someone could help me out it would be appreciated