Is this game worth the price or should I wait for DCU Online?

Started by AfghanAnt, March 10, 2009, 04:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

GhostMachine

Funeral-Pyre

BlueBard

I think, based on what I know and what I've read, that the two games accomodate different playing styles.  I think that DCUO is mainly aimed at console gamers based on my impressions of what the gameplay looks like.  DCUO will have more of a destructible and interactive environment than City currently has.

City Of... is more of a PC gamer experience.  The controls are mouse and keyboard oriented and the game itself can appeal to a more casual or social gamer.  Difficulty level is mostly up to the player.  But the game is best for cooperative team play in the sense that you level up fastest when you're on a full team with the difficulty level jacked all the way up for the mission.

No reason you can't play both.  Well, except maybe for the whole money thing....
STO/CO: @bluegeek

electro

Best game ever made hands down (in my personal yet accurate opinion) - It is impossible to make a character that you don't love :blink:

DrMike2000

I read somewhere that DCU is going to be fairly heavily PvP oriented.

If anything is worth waiting for as a replacement for CoH it would be Champions Online. I wouldn't wait - CoH is very well polished now and Champs may well be a bit rough around the edges when it comes out.

And as Midnight pointed out, your first hit is free...
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Tortuga

Are there trials available to former members considering renewal?  The Mission Architect has my gears-a-turnin'!

Midnight

Quote from: Tortuga on March 14, 2009, 07:11:15 PM
Are there trials available to former members considering renewal?  The Mission Architect has my gears-a-turnin'!

Old accounts are reactivated for the weekend after a new issue goes live I think? You can have as many trials as you want iirc. I had... three at once going one time? I think?

Tortuga

But those trials are a blank slate.  I was hoping to check out the MA in Testing beforehand to see it in action.

Figure Fan

Quote from: Tortuga on March 14, 2009, 09:40:10 PM
But those trials are a blank slate.  I was hoping to check out the MA in Testing beforehand to see it in action.

See, I'm also wondering where those trials are that let you temporarily reactivate your current account. I've used them before. I'm sure of it.