News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skope/AI/Script Question

Started by Xenolith, March 07, 2009, 09:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

Okay, I have this character I made called Crowbar.  He carries a crowbar in his left hand.  He can toss it, but once he does so he no longer has the crowbar until he pick it up again (no Norse enchantments here).  Here are my questions:

1) Are there any left-handed kfs for guys with weapons?
2) I'll probably use shapechange to pop back and forth between "with crowbar" and "without crowbar" if,
3) I can figure out a way to trigger him picking it back up?  Would there be a way to make custom AIs, pick up something if they don't have it.  I think thin could be broken down into a few steps.  a) Character uses ranged attack to throw crowbar, b) if the attack hits, the crowbar (or some marker) stops at the target, if it misses, it "scatters" at a distance equal to the range of the attack form the thrower, c) the character moves towards the marker/crowbar and the pick up animation plays, c) somehow shapeshifter knows the change has been triggered and swaps it back to the other one.

I don't think recovering the crowbar will be a high priority for the character, which is why I will try to use two meshes.

Thanks for any help or advice.

M25

For the crowbar, you'd likely need a custom FFX power or state swap to trigger the transformation and drop the crowbar somewhere.  You'd also need to add a custom AI tactic to go and pick it up.  So it could be done, but it would take some custom code to do it.

Xenolith

Yeah, that's what I thought.  Thanks for responding, M25.

bearded

hmm...i think if you look at weaponmaster you'll find part of the solution.  or is it weaponbearer?  you have a custom power called 'draw weapon'  and a pistol is place in the characters hand. 
you would have to change it some.  pistol replaced with crowbar fx for a start.
you could then have a custom power, 'throw crowbar', which would have a crowbar ranged fx, and delete the crowbar fx in hand.
i don't know if a crowbar object could be placed at target location, but if so, it could have a custom power 'pickup' that does the same thing as draw weapon, in weapon bearer.
just a thought.