Marvel Babies?!

Started by crimsonquill, February 20, 2009, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hitman

Spoiler

The Fonzi thing goes without saying!  :thumbup:

AfghanAnt

If they are babies why does Ms Marvel have boobs?

thanoson

Ok, that Simpsons thing. When did that happen?
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

BWPS

Quote from: thanoson on February 21, 2009, 05:25:00 PM
Ok, that Simpsons thing. When did that happen?

Season 19 episode 7. Husbands and Knives.

I just watched it and I had seen it before but only the second half. Alan Moore plays himself so well, it's hilarious because he's totally like that in real life. That's gotta be one of the best more recent episodes, especially the opening story. Thanks for making me look it up, The Hitman!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

TheMarvell

looks more like Marvel Midgets...  :unsure:

anyways, anyone else think in that Simpsons picture it looks like Manhattan is riding on top of Rorschach? It took me a minute to realize he's just a lot larger, lol.

The Hitman

detourne_me

i really tried to combine the two references into one, but unfortunately the point is moot since these guys have been appearing on underwear since before i was born. however, i assure you i will probably enjoy the show

Cardmaster

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 21, 2009, 04:08:28 PM
If they are babies why does Ms Marvel have boobs?
AA, my friend.. you just broke my brain right in half...  :banghead:

And for the record, there's a teensy part of me that wants to say "This looks like fun!" or, uh, y'know "Sah-WEET."

...the rest of me is horrified.  :blink:
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

Figure Fan

OMG I had to watch Husbands and Knives on YouTube after it was mentioned. I love it so much.

Glitch Girl

Quote from: The Hitman on February 20, 2009, 07:21:32 PM
http://www.majorspoilers.com/archives/11188.htm/

That should explain the sword thing.

I showed this to a friend of mine.

His response:
"Wow, I've never seen a show jump the shark in it's press release."
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

catwhowalksbyhimself

That has to be the worst written press release ever.

It also is the only press release for a new show that makes me dislike the show the more I read it.  If they can't even make it sound good in the press release, then how can the actual show be any better?
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Glitch Girl

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

BWPS

That's the best comic I've ever read. How can you not love it?
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

The Hitman

docdelorean88

I think this has more potnential then everyone is giving it!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Camma

I hope they come out with plush stuffed toys of all the characters.

I know I would be sleeping with my very own cuddly Jugger-Tot. :rolleyes:
If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you

BlueBard

Quote from: Glitch Girl on March 18, 2009, 05:14:16 PM
Oh crud, there's more....
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/03/marvel-teams-with-startup-for-online-gaming-worlds/

Marvel's gonna try the MMO thing again, with THIS team.

AND... there's a comic strip
http://www.marvel.com/comic_strips/Marvel_Super_Hero_Squad.81.Thor_Was_Almost_Convinced

argh.

EDIT:
And Argh, my eyes
http://www.marvel.com/comic_strips/Marvel_Super_Hero_Squad.71.MODOK_is_a_Pretty_Princess

What?  I thought the MODOK thing was kinda funny, actually (even if I happen to seriously hate the artwork on Doom).

My prediction on the MMO thing: They're going to tank just like Marvel's other attempts.  I predict they will actually get MSHS to market but it's going to stink on ice and fold within a year.  The head honchos at Marvel will be distracted by shiny objects and MUO will die quietly.  Again.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: docdelorean88 on March 18, 2009, 09:04:33 PM
I think this has more potnential then everyone is giving it!

Naaahhh. 

It's crap....Marvel cashing in any sad way they can...Bastardizing and mangling their heroes for the all-mighty buck...I'll pass.

Dana :thumbdown:

Sledgehammer

Wow. Not interested at all.

I already though X-Men Evolution was a bad idea. Too BH 90210/Dawson's Creek for my tastes. This... I'll just pass.

Gremlin

BWPS

Yeah. I keep wanting to post specific comics, but then I see another funny one seconds later.

Hey, if this show is going to be a hardcore parody like the comic, it may be worthwhile.

Glitch Girl

Well future doesn't bode well for the comic - hasn't been a new installment since February 25th. 

Personally, most of the gags fell flat to me with a few exceptions (Doom's closet did give me a giggle).  I really don't know what to expect from this show, but my gut tells me not to get my hopes up to high.  Lately, with the exception of Spiderman, Marvel's animation trackrecord of late has been less than stellar (NOTE: I have not seen the Iron Man animated series so I don't know how that's going or even if it's aired yet, don't have Nicktoons) 
-Glitch Girl

Sledgehammer

Quote from: Glitch Girl on March 24, 2009, 03:31:42 PM
Personally, most of the gags fell flat to me with a few exceptions (Doom's closet did give me a giggle).  I really don't know what to expect from this show, but my gut tells me not to get my hopes up to high.  Lately, with the exception of spider-man, Marvel's animation trackrecord of late has been less than stellar (NOTE: I have not seen the Iron Man animated series so I don't know how that's going or even if it's aired yet, don't have Nicktoons) 

I'd add Wolverine and the X-Men. I thought it was going to be too Logan-centric, but that hasn't been the case. Of course, Wolverine is the main character, but they've allowed other people to shine a little bit. Nice animation, interesting plots, and I like the design. A very solid show, in my opinion.

Alaric

Quote from: Glitch Girl on March 24, 2009, 03:31:42 PM
Well future doesn't bode well for the comic - hasn't been a new installment since February 25th. 

Personally, most of the gags fell flat to me with a few exceptions (Doom's closet did give me a giggle). 

The very few I did find funny were mostly ruined by the titles, which usually gave away the punch line.
Fear the "A"!!!

Glitch Girl

I suddenly realized why I find this effort so disappointing.  It's because Marvel has done something like this before, only much better. 

Anyone remember "Bullpen bits"?  (ps: the rest of ChrisG's site is a hoot too.)
-Glitch Girl

Previsionary

Quote from: Glitch Girl on April 04, 2009, 07:27:36 PM
I suddenly realized why I find this effort so disappointing.  It's because Marvel has done something like this before, only much better. 

Anyone remember "Bullpen bits"?  (ps: the rest of ChrisG's site is a hoot too.)

Don't they still do that in some books? I know X-men First Class used to do it and I recall some from recent comics involving the Avengers and the assorted colors of Hulk (Red, Green, Blue...).
Disappear when you least expe--

The Hitman

Yeah, they still make them.

And... for the win:

Spoiler

RTTingle

I always got a great laugh from Hembeck's stuff.

Previsionary

BUMP!

Just a reminder. This show is having an hour long premier next week on Cartoon Network for those interested.
Disappear when you least expe--

Silver Shocker

The first episode aired in Canada today, and I saw it. I can honestly say I thought it was awful. Lots of gross humor (farts, snot, ect). The show was fast paced to the point of it being on too much sugar, and I really didn't care for the writing in general. I don't plan to watch any more episodes of it.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa