Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Watchmen Side-Scroller Game

Started by AfghanAnt, February 13, 2009, 03:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

UnkoMan

I love it!

It's clearly got a lot of problems as a game. The AI is incredibly stupid. Jumping is all but pointless. And what's up with damagable items that don't break all the way or give you power ups?

BUT... Well, I obviously love side scrolling beat 'em ups. And the graphics are great!

Gremlin

...is this awesome? (y/n)

I have no idea. :blink:

zuludelta

A neat enough 10-minute distraction.
Art is the expression of truth without violence.

detourne_me

I liked the easter eggs in there.. like Charlton Street, and Rolf Mueller's sign

TheMarvell

if this were much more refined and they added the full cast of the Minutemen, it would be pretty sweet. Reminds me of old school Double Dragon or Final Fight. This would make for a perfect Xbox Live Arcade game, but I guess they're already making an episodic action game based on the movie already.

still, its free and good fun for a short break.

electro

Rated 265 on the score as of this posting - I've damn near killed every guy without hardly getting hit - how did that top guy rank so high - can't be the trash can hits for extra points because I don't see the score going up - anyone got any strategies on how to maximize the points in this game? :blink:

BWPS

Quote from: electro on February 14, 2009, 08:49:17 AM
Rated 265 on the score as of this posting - I've damn near killed every guy without hardly getting hit - how did that top guy rank so high - can't be the trash can hits for extra points because I don't see the score going up - anyone got any strategies on how to maximize the points in this game? :blink:

Trash cans, fire hydrants, and street lights do earn points.
How he probably did it is just went to the end boss and just avoided the knives. From what I can tell, they'll keep coming.
Really, this game is so bad that it doesn't seem worth it, which sucks because it looks good.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

UnkoMan

Oh, come on. It's not like it's a real video game or anything. It's just a neat little marketing gimmick. Cut it some slack, why don't you?

If this was some kind of product they were charging for then, yeah, it would be horrible, but it is what it is.

catwhowalksbyhimself

It doesn't like Firefox, which alone prejudices me against it.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

TheMarvell

I'm using FireFox and had no problems with it. Do you have the latest version?

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yep.

Doesn't really matter, because it plays in ei tab. Bored me though.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.