Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Freedom United

Started by Vertex, February 12, 2009, 08:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vertex

CROSSPOST WARNING

Freedom United

Back in December a few of us began discussing the need for alternative forums from Freedom Reborn again. The NPI forums were a great alternative from the atmosphere at FR and allowed many of us to have open conversations about whatever topic we wanted, ranging from sex, politics and religion to honest feedback and critique on skins, meshes and MODs. So, we got to work on creating a new forum to fill that void.

Vertex's ideas guided the development of the forum. The System Administrator built the forum to his specifications and IPS donated his web hosting space to give it a home.

We've combined a few ideas from past forums that we all liked and created a place we think everyone can enjoy. The hope is that this new forum is a place where people can say things in any manner they like (cussing is allowed) and feel safe from retaliation. We have a "Thunderdome" that is not for the weak of heart. All posts directed AT someone are to be made THERE and only there. If you don't wish to see anything negative.. that's the one topic area you don't visit. Anything negative and hostile will immediately be moved to that topic.

There is no baggage at Freedom United. Everyone starts with a clean slate. No bans or discipline action from Freedom Reborn will be in effect at Freedom United. Everyone is welcome, without exceptions.

Your current moderation team will be community leader HouseQuake, meshing veteran Vertex and modding master C4. You probably won't need to rely on these guys much due to the adult atmosphere at Freedom United though.

So, we are pleased to announce the opening of the Freedom United forums.

http://www.freedom-united.com/

General Features

- Built and run by community members for the community.
- The ONLY forum exclusively dedicated to Freedom Force.
- Discussion-centric design philosophy. This approach makes community users and their discussions the focus of the forum and it's features.
- Adult atmosphere. Mutual respect for all people and ideas is the theme on these forums. Discuss adult topics like sex, politics and religion without being parented or attacked for your views.
- Created with creators in mind. Get real honest feedback like you use to on other alternative community boards and give feedback without worrying about hurting someone's ego.

Board Features

- Attractive (non-forum-typical) "next generation" Ajax-enabled interface.
- Member profile public "walls". These will let you leave messages on your friends' walls just like on Facebook. This is great for co-coordinating when you will be online next to work on that MOD.
- Comic Vine pull list. Add your lists to your member profile page so you can let everyone know what you are reading.
- Gravatar.com universal avatar icons. Signup for free and have a universal avatar icon in your profile at the forum and anywhere that uses the Gravatar system.
- Integrated chat built right into the forum so you can easily take that conversation live!
- Streamlined discussion categories designed to integrate all creators into one group instead of dividing the community into groups and from eachother.
- Thunderdome enabled! Good ideas never die! If you've got a beef with someone, no moderator is going to parent you or ban you, they'll just tell the two of you to resolve it in the Thunderdome like adults!
- Multi-language support! We haven't taught the members to speak new languages but English, Catalan, Italian, Greek, French, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese can all be setup for your forum preference.
A wise man knows, he knows nothing
I must be the wisest man on Earth,
cause I don't know squat

AfghanAnt

Spring Heeled Jack

Are these features all integrated and up and running now?

Vertex

sigh* we've had the forum up and running for a while now but apparently tonight we decided to have a server problem. The extensions stopped working and we're attempting to fix.
cause I don't know squat

Spring Heeled Jack

Ah! Just making sure. I can sympathize.

detourne_me

Vertex

and.. you're now one of the many new members  :thumbup: just wish all the features that worked earlier today.. were working so you could see at the moment.
cause I don't know squat

Mystik

very nice, i like the layout, but my first post was 773 characters too long, so i had to break it into 4 parts

The Hitman

Darn thing isn't accepting my "security code." I'm typing it right, but it keeps kicking me out.

Vertex

Quote from: The Hitman on February 13, 2009, 03:46:09 PM
Darn thing isn't accepting my "security code." I'm typing it right, but it keeps kicking me out.

Well since i don't see you as a member yet.. that would be my guess as to why it's not logging you in..
cause I don't know squat

The Hitman

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear enough... I'm trying to sign up, but I go to submit the registration form, and it keep on returning it, saying that I didn't punch in the right "Security Code," the random letters from the box in the sign- up page. The thing is, I'm typing in the right letters.

Vertex

maybe it has something against assassins?
cause I don't know squat

harvey danger

i had the same error also there is another box up above.. i didnt notice it till about 3rd attemps..  :doh:

The Hitman

The box where you put in the password again? Yeah, I got that. Still giving me the same error.

Here, I'll show you:
Spoiler

Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Spring Heeled Jack

You're misspelling "William", for one thing. :D

The Hitman

That is did, o Springiest of Heels. That. I. Did.

EDIT: OK, that's weird. I tried to sign up again, and the page looked different, and it let me through. Maybe I'm just going crazy.

Vertex

yeah altered that since it seemed to be a prob and also got all our great extensions working again.
cause I don't know squat