News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Champions Online

Started by RTTingle, February 09, 2009, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmeille

Quote from: UnkoMan on September 06, 2009, 08:42:35 PM
PS: Quick question. Is CO getting it's own little forum area? Under the CoH section?

The Titans are actually discussing adding a Champions Online forum and merging all the CoH forums together under a new MMO Forums section.
Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

BentonGrey

Hey CO playing FR people, we are trying to start the super group, but we need one more person!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Reepicheep

IMPORTANT NEWS!

Freedom Society has been set up. Syn wih Britannic, C6 with Deadbang, Benton with The Rogue or myself with Sentryman will initially be able to invite and promote you appropriately.

I suppose its only reasonable to have an SG costume competition now, huh?

Blkcasanova247

Great...where do I sign up?
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

UnfluffyBunny

join the freedom chat channel and ask there :P
or post your "@" username

UnfluffyBunny

c'mon people, et some idea's flowing for uniform :P

here's 2 quickies, I left off any "extra" details, I figured those would be specified to remain to the individual character

Reepicheep

I'm thinking we'll set up a proper costume contest thread once the forums up.

Its a bit too loud in here.

I like #2, though... except maybe the boots should be a solid colour. Or similar to the gloves.

UnfluffyBunny

yah, I only posted those to try and motivate you guys :P

JeyNyce

Glad you guys used the name Freedom Society  :thumbup:
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

BentonGrey

So, do we want a uniform, or just a similar color scheme/symbol?  Those are both cool, UB, but I sorta' like the one on the left best. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Courtnall6

Sorry...couldn't wait :P

Here are two designs I did last night.

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 07, 2009, 02:16:06 PM
So, do we want a uniform, or just a similar color scheme/symbol?  Those are both cool, UB, but I sorta' like the one on the left best. :D

Once we deicide on a base design we could incorporate parts of our main costume on to that I guess...
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

JeyNyce

I lke the otfit on the left, but add the cape from the right.

Alaric

I'd like to get someone into the freedom Society- not sure who, though. Is there a general level range at the moment?

I have no interest in any kind of team uniform, however.
Fear the "A"!!!

UnkoMan

I don't think a cape should ever be part of a team uniform. It's such an individualistic piece. Same with masks, actually.

Right now I like Syn's second torso with C6's second legs. Maybe with some boots...

I guess I better up an get a character in the Freedom Society.

UnfluffyBunny

me likey the white gloves.
I dont think uniform should move beyond torso, legs, belt, gloves and boots personally, I think if we set those and then mix in our original costume parts we'll get a better effect, unless we want like an x-men / fan4 uniform kinda deal
the white against the yellow on the leg chevrons looks nice, but kinda harsh on the torso, but good to see I want the only one thinking that chest pattern was appropriate, lol

BentonGrey

Hmm, the chest on your second one looks a bit too busy to me, Court.  I think it might be cool to have a design template, and then all of us sorta' adjust it to fit our character designs.  Here is an example of what I'm thinking about, with The Rogue redesigned with a FS colorscheme and symbol.  I'd also be willing to change the pattern on his pants and shirt, think like that, but I would rather not do away with mask/gloves/boots in favor of something more standardized.  I am, of course, willing to discuss this.

God Bless

JeyNyce

So why don't we just keep the colors and don't have an official uniform.  People can use their regular outfits and they can use the FS colors.

Tortuga

Just to let everyone interested know...

QuoteIn an effort to adapt to upcoming community needs, the FR Titans have decided to do the following...

1.  The CoH/V Community Forum will now be opened up to other MMOs under the heading "MMO Forums"
2.  All CoH/V subforums will be amalgamated into one CoH/V Discussion under "MMO Forums"
3.  Important threads from each section will get stickied in the CoH/V Discussion forum (Bluebard's MA list, for example)
4.  A Champions Online forum will open up under the MMO Forums section

This allows us to add discussion forums for future MMOs that we anticipate will find favor amongst the community (DCUO, SW: Old Republic, etc.), keeping in mind that not every MMO will get it's own forum.

Expect threads from other CoH/V subforums to be moved within the next day or two.

Thanks!

Xenolith

I went ahead and bought the game, despie the fact that I wasn't going to.  Anyway, since my avatar "Xenolith" is evil I'll make him a nemisis of whomever I create.  Can my beta guy join freedom society or is that only for look-alikes?

UnfluffyBunny

freedom sociecty isnt for lookalikes >_>

Reepicheep

Freedom Society is for all CO FR toons that wish to be in it.

The FF lookalike SG has not been set up yet, afaik.

BentonGrey

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 07, 2009, 07:24:13 PM
Freedom Society is for all CO FR toons that wish to be in it.

The FF lookalike SG has not been set up yet, afaik.

Unko and I have only made it part of the way through the desert crisis playing as our FF alts.  When we get out of that area, I'll set it up.  I'll need a few volunteers to help me when I do.  If you're going to make an FF character, go to the desert after the first tutorial.  We'll meet you there sometime.
God Bless

UnkoMan

Yay, forum.

I don't know about the FF thing. If I want to keep doing it. I mean, if a bunch of people are into it I guess, but otherwise I'd rather play my own characters. Of course, I was thinking of another character that I realized would end up being a lot like Tombstone...

By the way, I was toying with character creator:

I like the idea of a uniform just being a base onto which you can add gloves or change the belt if need be. Are the team colours actually just the base yellow and blue? Because I did mine in gold. And used TWO blues.

Xenolith

Okay, then.  I'll be on in about 10 minutes or so.  I'll join with my main guy, and then probably make a new one so I can play with the rest of you.

I didn't know they were deleting open beta guys, too.  :(

BentonGrey

Hey!  Don't give up on me so early, Unko! :P  I'm hoping that, as the game grows, we'll get more FF members.  I just can't imagine how  you guys can manage to actually play with eight different characters.  I can only really imagine playing two or three main characters, which gives me tons of space for stuff like FF characters.
God Bless

Xenolith

How do I join freedom society?

Reepicheep

I sent you a friend invite, Xenolith, so I can help you on.

Xenolith

Thanks.  I'll be on in a bit.

UnkoMan

I guess I ought to get a character in on this, too.

Also, only eight? I couldn't have done it. Lifetimers get sixteen.

UnfluffyBunny

bleh, couldnt get my hands on the lifetimers offer, after playing the game I dont mind the monthly fee, even ontop of the fee i'll be paying when aion goes live, I just hope they start selling slots in the store >_>