News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Champions Online

Started by RTTingle, February 09, 2009, 06:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Well, since I've never really been one for MMO's, it is a new experience for me. :)  You know what would be really awesome but almost certainly won't happen?  They say that you can be infected by the dark powers of the werewolves, right?  It would be pretty awesome if anytime you fell in battle against these zombies and such, you BECAME a zombiefied hero for a bit.  You would suddenly be playing for the other team, you know?  You could get an XP reward for taking down any heroes you come across, and maybe one for cops and other allied characters.  When you got killed again, you could go back to normal.  That would be a really interesting twist. ^_^

:EDIT: Wait!  They edited the page....this IS going to be how it works!  How cool is that!?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

captainspud

Finally got it installed last night. I'm @captainspud if anybody wants to run around punching bad guys.
I do not hold grudges against those who argue with me. If you disagree with me, it can only be because I have not made the correct understanding clear to you. Thus, your ignorance is my fault, not yours.

Let us work together to correct it.

UnkoMan

Yeah, but... The Corpse (who I originally created with the sole purpose of using him as my Champions hero, yet keep rerolling) is already sort of a zombie. How's he suppose to get double zombied?!

I actually can't stop making new characters, trying them out, deleting them or remaking them, etc etc. This is why I can never "finish" these sorts of games.

Alaric

So- anyone up for getting together tonight, and maybe forming a group? The Verdant Vowel is currently parked in Champions HQ, which is where super groups are registered.
Fear the "A"!!!

captainspud

I'm still in the desert, haven't been referred back to MC yet.

What level is everybody right now? I got to level 9 in about two hours last night.
I do not hold grudges against those who argue with me. If you disagree with me, it can only be because I have not made the correct understanding clear to you. Thus, your ignorance is my fault, not yours.

Reepicheep

Quote from: captainspud on September 03, 2009, 02:47:13 PM
Finally got it installed last night. I'm @captainspud if anybody wants to run around punching bad guys.

Do you have a captain tatertot, or something to that effect?

I'm happy to play tonight, vowel, if you wanna name a time.

Anyone else got swinging yet? I got it on one of my toons and its pretty fun, but I can see it getting quite annoying. Still, its too darn perfect for him not to let go of.

Alaric

Quote from: captainspud on September 03, 2009, 03:52:24 PM
I'm still in the desert, haven't been referred back to MC yet.

What level is everybody right now? I got to level 9 in about two hours last night.

If you're out of the "crisis" version of the desert, you can go to Millennium City, or Canada, any time you want to, by going to the aircraft you originally arrived on. I recommend against adventuring in MC until you reach at least 12th level, though.

The Verdant Vowel is holding at 13th level- I've been playing other characters.
Fear the "A"!!!

Alaric

Quote from: Reepicheep on September 03, 2009, 03:54:42 PM
Quote from: captainspud on September 03, 2009, 02:47:13 PM

Do you have a captain tatertot, or something to that effect?

I'm happy to play tonight, vowel, if you wanna name a time.

Anyone else got swinging yet? I got it on one of my toons and its pretty fun, but I can see it getting quite annoying. Still, its too darn perfect for him not to let go of.

Once you get the hang of swinging, it's even more fun. Takes a while to get used to it, though.

As for a time tonight, whatever time's best for other people will be fine with me.
Fear the "A"!!!

UnfluffyBunny

thought i'd get a fair bit of playing in tonight as it's one of my "early" finishes at work, but been waiting with a launcher autoupdate for the last hour >_>

Reepicheep

Been a "small issue" with the patcher.

So far, its taken 4-5 hours to fix.

UnkoMan

Unko's like... nine I think. Does it take significantly longer to level after ten or anything?

Not that we'll be meeting up any time soon from the looks of it. Which is alright, since I guess I've got to level up a bit here.

PS: I took swinging on Unko and love it. It's pretty fun. Annoying at times, but pretty fun.

JeyNyce

Well while we are waiting for the patch to download (about another hour before going online).  Why don't we form a Super Group?  I want to stay away from using Freedom Reborn (out of respect for the COX crowd) but the name could have Freedom in it.

A few I came up with:

Freedom Society

Society of Freedom

Heroes of the World

Just s few I thought of off the top of my head.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Reepicheep

I'm thinking that a regular FR team would consist of new characters, playing exclusively with each other (Or at least keeping up with the average level). I know I'd like to get Sentryman up to lvl 25 asap to get my nemesis up and running.

On that note, we could sort out roles to establish a balanced team?

Figure Fan

This game comes with one month of free play, right? I'm starting to think I should drop $50 on it now..hmm.

Anyway, I really like Freedom Society as a name.

captainspud

Quote from: JeyNyce on September 03, 2009, 09:07:44 PM
Why don't we form a Super Group?  I want to stay away from using Freedom Reborn (out of respect for the COX crowd) but the name could have Freedom in it.
Freedom Reborn is the name of the forum, it's not something the CoX kids came up with. I see zero problem with using it-- if anything, it just makes it easier for members and allies to find us.

UnfluffyBunny

Quote from: Tortuga on April 08, 2009, 01:54:00 AM
At this time, FR members playing/soon to be playing CO are more than welcome to start a guild/supergroup.  We ask you not use the name "Freedom Reborn" at this time.

I believe this is for the same reason that the admins forbade the creation of a freedom reborn on the EU servers of CoH, the admins want to be in control of anything using the name.

BentonGrey

I'd be interested in playing (when the game comes in next week) on a Freedom Force team, of actual Freedom Force characters.  Would that interest anyone else?  We could do like Mystik and Co. did with their JLA team.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

JeyNyce

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on September 03, 2009, 10:54:38 PM
At this time, FR members playing/soon to be playing CO are more than welcome to start a guild/supergroup.  We ask you not use the name "Freedom Reborn" at this time.

I believe this is for the same reason that the admins forbade the creation of a freedom reborn on the EU servers of CoH, the admins want to be in control of anything using the name.

Thank You

Core

Can each character on an account belong to a separate super group?

If your level is low, just pick up as many missions as you can from Steelhead or Project Greenskin, complete them, and then do it again. By the time you've exhausted all the contacts from one of the areas, you should be right around level 13 (or higher depending how much you like to beat-up on minions).
I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart of napalm!

captainspud

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on September 03, 2009, 10:54:38 PM

Um, what? The name isn't theirs. It belongs to the community. FR isn't the CoH group, it's the entire forum.

Hell, if you want to get technical, the name belongs to Volt.

The admins/titans/whoever are the community's custodians, not its owners. It's a little stupid for one group or another to claim to be "THE Freedom Reborn"...

Reepicheep

Really? After all that?

Rick Battlemade and I had to settle with 'Vaguely Heroic' on the CoH EU servers. Didn't last long. I blame the name.

Core

Freedom Reformed?

Not in the "recently-released criminal" sense, but more in the "members of a pre-existing community forming a new team for a new game" sense.

I also like Freedom Society. Sounds sophisticated.
I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart of napalm!

Marmeille

The Titans may not own the Freedom Reborn name, but if it's to be used to represent this online community as a specific SG (or whatever it's called in CO), it would be good if some Titan(s) is(are) the founder(s), I dont play CO myself but I can spot a few Titans that play Champion Online in this thread so yeah... Benton, Jey, Stumpy or Zapow (might have missed someone) could start a FR if they want, I don't think any other Titans would mind that at all.
Marmeille is the wisest cat ever, EVER!!!
Cool Cape is sometimes made of oatmeal (freaking unstable molecules).
[IMG]http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k30/marma_pix/CivilWarMarm.gif[/img]

UnfluffyBunny

back up and i've got enough caffiene to last me 3 all nighters O_O

JeyNyce

Without getting way off topic here, I rather that we don't use Freedom Reborn.  It's used in COH and here at the forums.  Let be a sister SG.  COH has Frredom Reborn & CO has Freedom Society.  Think of it as the same team but in 2 different universe.

UnfluffyBunny

aaaand it's down for more emergency maintenance :O

still getting a feel for combining powersets, gotto learn to spend more time playing and less creating characters tho, lol

Blkcasanova247

I just got the game yesterday and jumped in for a short time. Very cool. I have only a few minor issues that I guess aren't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things but it's the small details that always matter to me most. First there's no real short haircuts for black men in the character gen. They got afros, cornrows, wacky braids galore and you can be bald with stuble on your scalp...but thats all? That to me sucks. :( Maybe I'm not looking correctly...I don't know. Also no pants and jackets? Is this some un-lockable thing that you get later on or have to buy somewhere?
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Reepicheep

No, pants and jackets are available. When you select a tab, such as the torso, the very top of the option list should say something like "Tights". If you click on that, you see a few more options - jackets included.

Took me a bit of time to find too, but I'm happy with all the new stuff.

Blkcasanova247

Thanks Reep...I'll give it a shot later on. ;)
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

BentonGrey

No intrest in a Freedom Force themed SG?
God Bless