Tommyboy's Mesh Release Thread V3.0

Started by tommyboy, January 24, 2009, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Patches

ok what else is up your sleeve?  :D
every buddy was kung fu fighting :jeyrox
nice meshes TB.. :)

Podmark

Those are both very cool. Shang Chi's robe really caught my eye. Nice work on that.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Xenolith

Shang Chi is very cool.  I like the new belts on Batman, too.

detourne_me

I'm eager to get both of these guys :)
I really like Shang-Chi's Robe as well....   I may just yet try another Usagi Yojimbo skope

tommyboy

And a Batman_new_tf 2pack:

found here (bottom of page)
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/DC%20meshes%20B.html

Includes the "modern" version on left(ie longer "ears", wider, more "dramatic" cape, pouches belt), and a pre-hexxed "60's" version on right (shorter ears, narrower cape, podules/capsules belt).

Sledgehammer

VERY cool Shang-Chi, tommy. You never disappoint, man! Plenty of meshes with top-notch quality, always.

Keep it up.

Dreaded Porcupine

Man you are just too awesome Tommy. Those LMD Zodiac meshes are to much. I never thought I'd ever see these guys. And you made the three I always wanted. I've been out of it for awhile but this was a nice surprise. Can't wait to incorporate them and battle the Avengers and Defenders in the rumble room. Thanks again.

Jakew

Shang Chi =  :thumbup:

I like the "cinched" effect with the belt around his waist.

The Hitman

Shang Chi looks really good! And so does Batman!

TaskMasterX

Suh-Weet Meshes TB! Keep up the great work. I think we're back seeing TB cranking out stuff left and right! :thumbup:

tommyboy

This is more a Mod or Maps thing than meshes, but has building meshes in it, so here it is;

Now available at my site. Un rar to it's own folder and run as a mod;
http://tommyboymeshes.freedomforceforever.com/other%20meshes%207.html
alternatively I have uploaded it to Mediafire.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c762357f31aa745c5bf1f12f1ff3f30a8746a20c6f5f4a465621d66e282a0ee8
Download the three parts and the "create" file.
Run the "create" file. This creates an RAR (of 213Mb).
Unpack this to its own directory (called "maps") wherever ffv3r is installed.
Then create an FFX enabled shortcut to play the Mod (I give an example of it in the readme).
If you don't know what an "rar" file is, ask Google, not me.
If you don't know how to create a shortcut, Google is your friend, not me.

As for the Mod and what's in it?
Spoiler

It is in essence a big collection of content with no story whatsoever.
It's in the format of a Mod because that is easier for me to see that it works, and so all the needed resources for every map are available.
It should be considered a "beta", unfinished, unpolished product. Most of the Maps are use-able as is, but could be better. It is unlikely that I will fix any problems with them, or bugs.
Here is the readme/credits.txt, so you get an idea whats in it.
Spoiler

25/feb/2009
This Mod is a collection of Maps made by tommyboy, as well as much of FFX and and the converted-to-ffv3r FF buildings that came in the FFX mappack.
The Maps are largely unfinished, so this is a Beta, resource type thing, not a polished flawless product.
It is for ffv3r, NOT for FF. There will be a seperate FF version later

Contents:
in missions you will find the following maps;
marvel_new_york = the big one. NYC with marvel buildings. Very big, over 25000 objects to load. Not for puny systems.
Moon = a big moon map. Not much on it, just a few craters built in.
Mars = a big mars map. Not much on it, just a few craters built in.(yes, it's just a retexture of the moon map..).
big_island = a large island surrounded by water, with lots of trees.
big_island_jungle = a large island surrounded by water, with lots and lots and lots of trees.Not for puny systems.
huge_city = a smaller version of the marvel new york map, approx 2/3 of the size. Still huge, but less so. about 12000 objects IIRC.
helicarrier_mission = by GogglesPizanno, objects by me. The Helicarrier. As a Map. To play on.
Megacity_ffv3r = the big one. Again. No marvel stuff, and uses about 50% ffv3r buildings as opposed to ff ones. very much unfinished.

Credits:
Due to the delay between starting this and releasing it, there may be some omission of credits, or mis-crediting, if so, please let me know so that I can correct it.

All original buildings by Irrational, converted by Renegade and/or GogglesPizanno.

FFX by Dr.Mike2000, M25, Stumpy, TaskmasterX, Epimethee, Kuertee, and others.

Daily Bugle building by OW_TIOBE_SB. Thanks for that and the other, as yet unimplemented, buildings.

Avengers Mansion, Quinjet, Lady Liberty, Chrysler Bldg, Flatiron Bldg, Madison Square Garden, Baxter Bldg, Sanctum_Sanctorum, UN Complex, Bridges, Skyspheres, Helicarrier and original Maps by tommyboy. Maps put together from Irrationals parts.

Helicarrier Map put together by GogglesPizanno

Many thanks to Stumpy for writing Python code which did the basic population of the megamap. Without him, this would not have happened.

Thanks too go to Conduit for telling me how to increase the view distance, allowing for the whole map to be seen.

Thanks also go in no particular order to OW_TIOBE_SB, GogglesPizanno, Lunarman, cmdrkoenig67, Boalt92, catwhowalksbyhimself, herodad1, Epimethee and others whom I may have forgotten, who all offered advice, information, ideas and encouragement during the process.
My thanks to everyone else who posted encouraging comments or suggestions, it all helps.

Installation:
This is a self contained Mod. Just put the Maps folder in your FFv3r directory and create an ffx enabled shortcut ie ""C:\programfiles\freedom force vs 3rd reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game maps -log".
Your install path may be different from that example, if so adjust accordingly.
Then run the game from the shortcut and the maps will be use-able in the rumble room.

N.B. ALWAYS BACKUP FILES BEFORE OVERWRITING OR MERGING DATS!!!11!!!!
To put the map(s) into another Mod or the main game is a bit trickier. Depending on the map you want,
You need to copy:
the mission file(s) from "\maps\missions"
the terrain files from "\maps\art\library\terrain"
the art assets from FF from "\maps\art\library\area_speciff1"
The new buildings from "\maps\art\library\area_specific\city\buildings"
The textures from "\maps\art\library\area_specific\_textures"
the characters from "\maps\art\library\characters"
You also need to merge "objects.dat" from the Maps Mod into your own Mod or the main game.

I hope to get it onto my website at some point, but after trying for 8 or so hours just cannot be bothered to waste bandwidth trying again at the moment.

Champion 2 of 11

Those that use  :ff: 1 still have to wait a lil longer(hopefully just a lil) :( :cry: :puppyeyes:

tommyboy

Quote from: Champion 2 of 11 on February 26, 2009, 04:59:09 PM
Those that use  :ff: 1 still have to wait a lil longer(hopefully just a lil) :( :cry: :puppyeyes:

Yes, just a little.
The FF one is pretty much ready to go, I'm sort of waiting on a kind of beta tester to let me know if it's OK, and having a couple of days off from making/testing/uploading anything.
I'd guess the FF one will be up within a week, if pressed..

Champion 2 of 11

Cyber Burn

I love the new Batman meshes Tom, and the maps are just awesome.

tommyboy

Another preview, still a work in progress, both mesh and skin:

Gremlin

Nice. Like the hair and headband especially.

detourne_me

Wow!  He looks great Tom,   you've really put a lot of effort into depicting him perfectly

Johnny Patches

tb thank you for this one..
its perfect .. you all way seem to amaze me  :)
nice to see meshes that was never done are comming out..

tommyboy

Quote from: Johnny Patches on February 28, 2009, 06:17:35 PM
tb thank you for this one..
its perfect .. you all way seem to amaze me  :)
nice to see meshes that was never done are comming out..

Ta,
sadly, he's not perfect. Theres some clipping I couldn't get rid of, on the collar and a bit on the tunic.
But he'll do for now.

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

WyldFyre

Tommy, you are amazing.  I think I have every mesh you have made and i am amazed by your talent.  You constantly improve on your own abilities, and the new meshes and maps you have been supplying are incredible.  Kudos for keeping people interested in this game.
For Freedom!

FF Museum Website: http://ffmuseum.org/

tommyboy

Thank you, but please, no more praise. I can barely get my head through the door as it is...
Next up, he's been done before, but now it's my turn...

Much to be done on skin and mesh..but you should be able to guess who it is...

..that's right!
It's Humphrey bogart in the maltese falcon! :P
...well, it could be. But it's not who I'm trying to do...

cmdrkoenig67

cmdrkoenig67

Johnny Patches

docdelorean88

HEY! Why are you  :banghead: ing? I would love an inspector gadget!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

billdamn22

Could it be Rorschach?? Great stuff, Tommy.